Out of the Box Performance: Blender, Handbrake, SuperPI, and ScienceMark
As the CPU isn't going to be sold as a standalone product like every other product in our charts, we decided to review it as it with the exception of changing the GPU out to one of the GTX 1080 Tis we normally test with. We would typically change our DRAM, SSD, and cooler, but in this case, since it's sold in configurations much like this one, we opted not to. We have considered doing a more standardized test in the future for those interested.
In Blender we once again see it go head to head with the Threadripper 2990WX, just slightly beating it within the margin of error. In Handbrake, both in taking a 4K video to 1080P and changing another video's codec, we see the Intel Xeon W-3175X is the one to beat. In ScienceMark we get a taste for more legacy software, which really likes frequency, but the software also can't take advantage of all the cores the Xeon has to offer (it has a core limit). With the memory latency results we saw earlier, we were not expecting the CPU to crank out 32million digits of PI as quickly as it did.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPU and Test Setup]
- Page 3 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: Blender, Handbrake & More]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, & More]
- Page 7 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 8 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]