Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64
As the CPU isn't going to be sold as a standalone product like every other product in our charts, we decided to review it as it with the exception of changing the GPU out to one of the GTX 1080 Tis we normally test with. We would typically change our DRAM, SSD, and cooler, but in this case, since it's sold in configurations much like this one, so we opted not to. We have considered doing a more standardized test in the future for those interested.
While singlehandedly beating every other unlocked CPU in our charts in CINEBENCH, Intel has taken back the CINEBENCH crown for now. What's more interesting are the single threaded results in CINEBENCH, with the CPU doing quite good. In wPrime, we start to see the Xeon and Threadripper parts go head to head.
One thing to keep in mind with our memory tests is that while the Xeon W-3175X is running hexa channel memory, it's also running ECC registered DIMMs, which will hurt performance a little bit. The Xeon gold systems were only using quad channel. In the AIDA64 IOPS and FLOPS tests, we see the Xeon W-3175X blow away everything else. Memory bandwidth performance isn't too shabby, but latency is taking a slight hit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPU and Test Setup]
- Page 3 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: Blender, Handbrake & More]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, & More]
- Page 7 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 8 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]