Package and Contents
The box that Highpoint ships its controller card in differs from the normal layout that Highpoint is known for. Usually the boxes from Highpoint are green, gold, red and white. This one features a white and blue box with some basic info printed on the front.
The back of the box shows a bit more info as well as a layout and explanation of the cards circuitry layout, so you know what you're getting.
In terms of cables and accessories, Highpoint includes 8 SATA cables that measure just over 60cm each - quite long. This though is a rather handy feature as the cases that this card will most likely be installed in will be large towers with lots of HDD bays.
In terms of documentation and drivers, Highpoint includes one user manual with all the installation procedures as well as explanations for the accompanying software. While short, the manual does give a good description of what you will need to do and how to setup the controller.
Last on the list that you get is a special cross over cable and a half height PCI expansion bracket. If using in U1 server cases, this bracket will be needed to allow installation. The cross over cable is used to link two of the same cards together to allow spanning across the two cards, allowing for a 16 device chain. This feature we covered in our review of the RocketRAID 2220.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and PCMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - File Copy Tests]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Game Level Loading Time]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Someone just bought close to $400 million worth of Bitcoin
- Dragon Ball FighterZ first DLC unlocks Broly, Bardock
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- AMD offers free Ryzen APU so owners can flash their firmware
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit