Tyler's Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370 (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K (buy from Amazon)
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 4x8GB DDR4 3200 (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i (buy from Amazon)
- Case: Corsair Air 540 (buy from Amazon)
- OS Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB (buy from Amazon)
- Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (buy from Amazon)
- Wi-Fi NIC: ASUS PCE-AC88 (buy from Amazon)
- 10Gbe NIC: ASUS XG-C100C (buy from Amazon)
- Thunderbolt 3: ASUS Thunderbolt EX3 (buy from Amazon)
Windows Storage Server 2016 offers the same controls as 2012, built on the newer Windows 10 Kernel. That said once you launch into the admin account either through remote desktop or natively through VGA you will be greeted by the Server Manager dashboard seen above. From here you can configure services, storage, and functionality.
In a similar fashion to the last Buffalo WSS platform, they offer a dashboard app to aid in setting up and monitoring the appliance. To the left, we have system info including temperatures, fan speed and backup through buffalo replication. To the right, we have Network information and drive status.
The options tab from within buffalo Dashboard offers the ability to setup arrays. These options include the default RAID 1 setup along with Spanned and RAID 0
NAS Navigator 2 can aide in starting setup and checking in on drive status.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Buffalo WS5220]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance, Workloads & More]
- Page 5 [Final Thoughts]