After all is said and done, I'm impressed with this power supply. It has a very clean look, very adequate internal cooling and produced excellent voltage readings along all power rails regardless of system load. Add to this the 600 watts of available power along with the ability to be compatible with nearly any motherboard and you end up with a PSU that is ready to work for you regardless of system specs.
There are connectors aplenty and even using a motherboard with requirements for an additional Molex and FDD connector to handle the power needs, I still had no problems with running out of connectors. This is certainly a nice change of pace when compared to several power supplies currently on the market.
I'm still not real comfortable with the addition of the thermally controlled fan Molex connectors, but again, that is something that some will like and others like myself will not use, so it will have a very minimal effect on the overall rating of this device.
As far as price is concerned, you can expect to shell out somewhere in the neighborhood of $140US. While this isn't exactly cheap, it isn't anywhere close to the top of the pricing ladder for this wattage of PSU.
Bottom line... If you're looking for fancy lights and frilly features in a power supply, then don't even bother with this model. If, on the other hand, you're looking for a power supply that has an excellent power output along all voltage rails and enough juice to handle the meatiest of enthusiast rigs, then do yourself a favor and take a hard look at the Thermaltake Purepower 600. With many systems requiring a minimum of 450-500 watts of quality power, this little gem won't let you down.
600 watts of available power
Excellent voltage along all power rails
52A on the 12v rail
Very steady power
"Case Fan Only" connectors (Yes, I'm picky)
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editor's Choice Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem made $3.5 million in microtransactions
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Cuphead's should join the roster
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced