GeForce 7800GTX vs. 7900GTX
While we have just covered the physical side of the card itself, we will have a quick look at what the 7900GTX offers over the previous generation.
As we have mentioned already, we have two Dual Link DVI-I ports to power two 30" Apple or Dell LCDs. It is important to remember that Dual Link isn't needed to power 30"+ LCDs but just the two specific models available from Dell and Apple at the moment, which punch out a massive 2560 x 1600 resolution.
Moving more onto the core, this is nVidia's first 90nm chip and what took ATI months and a huge amount of delays nVidia seemed to do without breaking too much of a sweat. The move to 90nm gives us higher clock speeds and cooler temperatures.
24 pixel pipelines are included on the 7900GTX (like the 7800GTX) but thanks to the increased core speed, performance should be increased without any problems at all.
Speaking of increased speeds, the standard clocks on the core is 650MHz which is a HUGE jump from the 430MHz found on the 7800GTX and memory has been bumped from 1200MHz to a massive 1600MHz thanks to the 1.1ns memory being used.
Now with stock speeds being all good and well, it's a bit boring. BFG Tech has given a small bump at both ends with a core of 670MHz and memory speed of 1640MHz.
With all that out the way let's have a look at how we go in our benchmarking results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [GeForce 7800GTX vs. 7900GTX]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- SEGA won't over rely on remasters and remakes
- Hacked Switches can now use USB mass storage HDDs
- Battlefield V's new War Stories trailer shows WWII drama
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam