GeForce 7800GTX vs. 7900GTX
While we have just covered the physical side of the card itself, we will have a quick look at what the 7900GTX offers over the previous generation.
As we have mentioned already, we have two Dual Link DVI-I ports to power two 30" Apple or Dell LCDs. It is important to remember that Dual Link isn't needed to power 30"+ LCDs but just the two specific models available from Dell and Apple at the moment, which punch out a massive 2560 x 1600 resolution.
Moving more onto the core, this is nVidia's first 90nm chip and what took ATI months and a huge amount of delays nVidia seemed to do without breaking too much of a sweat. The move to 90nm gives us higher clock speeds and cooler temperatures.
24 pixel pipelines are included on the 7900GTX (like the 7800GTX) but thanks to the increased core speed, performance should be increased without any problems at all.
Speaking of increased speeds, the standard clocks on the core is 650MHz which is a HUGE jump from the 430MHz found on the 7800GTX and memory has been bumped from 1200MHz to a massive 1600MHz thanks to the 1.1ns memory being used.
Now with stock speeds being all good and well, it's a bit boring. BFG Tech has given a small bump at both ends with a core of 670MHz and memory speed of 1640MHz.
With all that out the way let's have a look at how we go in our benchmarking results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [GeForce 7800GTX vs. 7900GTX]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit