The box is quite large and is the same as we saw with the BFG 7800GTX except with a different number on the front of the box. BFG has made it clear that the card comes included with 512MB DDR3 and you can also see that BFG are pushing the fact that they are an Authorized Board Partner.
We can also see on the front of the box that we have two DUAL Link DVI-I ports which is a new feature to the 7900GTX to compete with the X1900XTX which also has two DUAL Link DVI-I ports. The 7800GTX only had one DUAL Link DVI-I port. Dual Link DVI ports are needed for both the Dell and Apple 30" LCD - few people are lucky enough to own one of these monitors let alone two, so Dual Link DVI is more of a selling point to make their card sound better more so then a feature that a lot of people will actually make use of.
Turning the box over we have got our extended features of the board along with how SLI works. The two main features you can see which are being pushed is Mind-Blowing Performance and Ultra-Realistic Effects & Visual Quality.
Opening up the box the first thing you see is an A4 piece of paper that lets you know that you are buying a BFG graphics card, information about getting the latest drivers along with the power supply requirements.
With the piece of paper aside we have a few cool extras. First out of the box we have some Teflon Stick Pads which are used on the bottom of your mouse and gives you extra smoothness you didn't think you could get. We also have some stickers that you can install on the card or anywhere else which have some witty sayings.
Also included is a T-Shirt so you can show your graphics card off loudly and proudly.
Paper wise we have a few pieces included that let you know how you use the HDTV connections available, a small piece about BFG Gaming, SLI run down, Install Guide and a note about technical support, with this said though the Australian distributor has let us know that this isn't valid in Australia.
There is also a voucher included for two months free game hire at Red Octane Rentals which lets you rent over 2000 titles for a number of different platforms.
We have another two small stickers included in the package which can be used on the front of your case to advertise the use of BFG Tech in your system.
Finally when it comes to CDs we have a BFG Tech CD which has the Drivers, Manual and 3D Demos and another CD which is called the BFG Tech Gamers Toolkit which comes with a few handy programs. It's a bit disappointing to find that no games come with the package but for people in the US, the Red Octane voucher is going to be excellent as you can try a number of different games over two months.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [GeForce 7800GTX vs. 7900GTX]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit