While the Vantec CCK-6035D heatsink doesn't come out as the top cooler in my testing database, it maintains a very respectable level of cooling. It also costs about $5 USD less than many other copper heatsinks out there, so that makes it even better.
The polished base was a very nice surprise, and the addition of a silicone thermal material separate from the heatsink was a huge plus. It was rather nice not having to lap the base and scrape off a bunch of thermal tape for a change. Vantec has gotten into the habit of taking care of a lot of the small details in their product line.
Bottom line...If you have just found yourself to be in possession of one of the fast Thunderbird type processors and are looking for a reasonable cooling solution that won't break the bank, then you'll do well with the Vantec CCK-6035D HSF.
Polished copper base on sink
7,000RPM Delta fan
Included converter for power
Thinner clipping mechanism
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- AMD hit with class action lawsuit over Spectre and Meltdown
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series