Opening the unit is required to install hardware, the tray mechanism is easy to use, the only thing I found a bit difficult is getting the wires on the inside out of the way of the tray when closing the unit.
The top of the PCB reveals it has a VRM heat sink and shows a bunch of headers including those for COM, USB 2.0, and the front panel. The WIFI M.2 slot and storage M.2 slot reveal you must install the WIFI device before the storage device. There are two 4-pin fan headers located above the two DDR4 SO-DIMM slots. The back of the motherboard reveals both SATA combo headers, but it also and showcases that the motherboard has a microSD card slot. There is a cut out on the tray to install the SATA cables, but it can be a bit of a tight fit.
In such a small form factor we find the VRM four phase made up for Texas Instruments CSD87350D high-end NexFETs, and they are cooled on the top and bottom of the PCB by heat sinks. A Richtek RT3607BC PWM controller is used to drive those four phases; it supports up to 4+3 phase operation.
An Intel i219v is used for the Gbit LAN. The ALC233is used as the audio codec.
The Realtek RTD2168 is an LCD monitor controller, possibly used to drive the VGA output. The super IO controller is the nuvoton NCT5567D, and we find this chip on a lot of ASRock's SFFPC products, and now even their ATX motherboards. We also get a single BIOS ROM, probably 128Mbit.
What we have here is a STMicroelectronics high voltage ESD protection chip used for the COM header, so your COM port is ESD protected from up to +/- 15kV.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition debuts on the Switch Oct 15
- Dota 2 tournament The International: biggest prize pool ever with $33M
- NVIDIA announces GeForce NOW for Android: PC gaming on your smartphone
- Respawn CEO apologizes to gamers for devs INSULTING Apex Legends fans
- CDPR talks about how Cyberpunk 2077 will use RTX features at Gamescom
- Rivet Networks: Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 Review
- z390 phantom gaming-itx/ac buzzing from mb
- ASUS ProArt PA34VC Review: Professional-Grade UltraWide Perfection
- Corsair HS35 Stereo Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director