Opening the unit is required to install hardware, the tray mechanism is easy to use, the only thing I found a bit difficult is getting the wires on the inside out of the way of the tray when closing the unit.
The top of the PCB reveals it has a VRM heat sink and shows a bunch of headers including those for COM, USB 2.0, and the front panel. The WIFI M.2 slot and storage M.2 slot reveal you must install the WIFI device before the storage device. There are two 4-pin fan headers located above the two DDR4 SO-DIMM slots. The back of the motherboard reveals both SATA combo headers, but it also and showcases that the motherboard has a microSD card slot. There is a cut out on the tray to install the SATA cables, but it can be a bit of a tight fit.
In such a small form factor we find the VRM four phase made up for Texas Instruments CSD87350D high-end NexFETs, and they are cooled on the top and bottom of the PCB by heat sinks. A Richtek RT3607BC PWM controller is used to drive those four phases; it supports up to 4+3 phase operation.
An Intel i219v is used for the Gbit LAN. The ALC233is used as the audio codec.
The Realtek RTD2168 is an LCD monitor controller, possibly used to drive the VGA output. The super IO controller is the nuvoton NCT5567D, and we find this chip on a lot of ASRock's SFFPC products, and now even their ATX motherboards. We also get a single BIOS ROM, probably 128Mbit.
What we have here is a STMicroelectronics high voltage ESD protection chip used for the COM header, so your COM port is ESD protected from up to +/- 15kV.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari VCS console upgraded to Ryzen APU
- SEGA's survey dictates 'the next steps' for many SEGA titles
- Valve CEO teases Half-Life 3 to release in next '4-5 years'
- To get into Mortal Kombat 11 closed beta you'll have to pay
- Facebook will use new AI technology to remove 'revenge porn'
- How can we update our Website design?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms