The C9Z390-PGW overclocking isn't rocket science, but it can be a bit hard for those not used to Supermicro's settings. For starters, you want to load one of their default OC profiles; they have them up far enough for ambient, I chose 5.2GHz. That will change internal settings and will set all cores to the same ratio, it will change AC/DC load line, and it will increase internal VR current limits, although we also increase PL1 and PL2 to very high levels.
Then we went into the voltage menu reduced VCCSA to 1.2v and VCCIO to 1.1v, set override VCore mode to 1.33v, which auto set LLC to level 4. You want to go and change that level to level 2. Then we went into the memory menu and enabled XMP. The result was the OC above, which shows performance is where it should be at 5.2GHz and that the CPU actually ran at a slightly lower VCore than we are used to supplying, at 1.3v.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro MBD-C9Z390-PGW-O Motherboard LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z390 DDR4 SATA 6GB/s M.2 U.2 DisplayPort HDMI 10G LAN Wi-Fi USB 3.1 RGB ATX, MBD-C9Z390-PGW-O retails for $395.49 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C9Z390-PGW Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C9Z390-PGW Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C9Z390-PGW Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloodborne is getting its very own physical vinyl soundtrack
- Eddie Murphy might be come back to stand-up comedy for $70m
- The Witcher TV show will NEVER adapt the video games
- 'Holy Grail' of computer science found in Quantum Computing
- Netflix's Witcher TV show gets 1st trailer, Geralt is HUGE
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Kingston KC2000 High-Performance NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Nowhere Prophet out now on Steam
- Soul Searching is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019!
- Batter Up! Metalhead Software to Launch Super Mega Baseball 2: Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch July 25
- Represent Your Identity and New Ideas with .id Domain Name
- Asmodee Digital Reveals Pandemic's Announcement Trailer, Launch Date and Price