The C9Z390-PGW overclocking isn't rocket science, but it can be a bit hard for those not used to Supermicro's settings. For starters, you want to load one of their default OC profiles; they have them up far enough for ambient, I chose 5.2GHz. That will change internal settings and will set all cores to the same ratio, it will change AC/DC load line, and it will increase internal VR current limits, although we also increase PL1 and PL2 to very high levels.
Then we went into the voltage menu reduced VCCSA to 1.2v and VCCIO to 1.1v, set override VCore mode to 1.33v, which auto set LLC to level 4. You want to go and change that level to level 2. Then we went into the memory menu and enabled XMP. The result was the OC above, which shows performance is where it should be at 5.2GHz and that the CPU actually ran at a slightly lower VCore than we are used to supplying, at 1.3v.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C9Z390-PGW Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C9Z390-PGW Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C9Z390-PGW Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases