Packaging and Overview
The box is very standard, and the packaging is decent.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, WIFI antenna, IO shield, case badge, SATA cable stickers, driver DVD, and quick manual.
Supermicro has upped the number of fan headers to six from their standard five, and each header is capable of 2A of output, and they are all PWM/DC mode headers, Supermicro just added the ability to choose between the two modes.
The motherboard has a gun-metal color theme with hints of RGB under certain areas of the motherboard. The two M.2 slots are covered by large heat sinks, and we can clearly see all four PCI-E x16 slots. The back of the motherboard doesn't have many components, but we can see the RGBs on the right side of the board.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 keyboard/mouse, two USB 3.0 ports, two DisplayPorts, three USB 3.1 type-A, one USB 3.1 type-C, 10Gbit LAN, 1Gbit LAN, WIFI antenna out, HDMI 2.0, and 7.1 audio ports with S/PDIF out.
With the PEX8747 chipset, the slots operate at x16/x0/x16/x0 or x8/x8/x8/x8, which is useful in case you want one GPU running x16 and then something like an M.2 RAID card that could take advantage of x16 PCI-E 3.0. The motherboard supports CrossFireX.
There are two M.2 slots, one of them shares bandwidth with one of the U.2 ports and the other shares with two SATA6Gb/s ports. We can see the heat sinks that cool the M.2 slots also transfer heat into the large PCH heat sink.
We get two U.2 ports and six SATA6Gb/s ports, and some are shared with the M.2 slots. We find a USB 3.0 internal header and USB 3.1 type-C internal header located below the last x16 slot. Our single USB 2.0 internal header can be found down here too.
An 8-pin power header is located at the top of the motherboard. We also find two RGB LED headers at the top near the VRM heat sink.
In the bottom right corner of the motherboard, we find a COM header, front case headers, some boot LEDs, and a POST code display. Power, reset, and clear CMOS buttons can be found in the top right corner.
The 10Gbit Aquantia chip has a heat sink glued to it. The other heat sinks are screwed into the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro MBD-C9Z390-PGW-O Motherboard LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z390 DDR4 SATA 6GB/s M.2 U.2 DisplayPort HDMI 10G LAN Wi-Fi USB 3.1 RGB ATX, MBD-C9Z390-PGW-O retails for $395.49 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C9Z390-PGW Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C9Z390-PGW Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C9Z390-PGW Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gamestop to transform stores into retro arcades
- Interactive website plays 50yr Apollo 11 launch in real-time
- 2mm tiny-bots to regenerate your health from the inside out
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC 'Hero' to drop this Summer
- Mars' past climate proves it had enough time to develop life
- NZXT H500i Mid-TowerChassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access