Quality: The VRM on the C9Z390-PGW might only have six phases, but it was able to handle our overclock to 5.2GHz, we still recommend cooling fan pointed at the VRM. The six-phase VRM is capable of supporting the OC because of its quality level. Supermicro is also using the more expensive Texas Instruments re-drivers for USB 3.1 ports. They didn't cut corners where they could have.
PEX8747: The motherboard here today has the PEX8747 which can take x16 lanes from the CPU and output x32 lanes to the slots. That means you can run your GPU at x16 and then add in a four x4 M.2 NVMe RAID card and see some crazy speeds without the PCH bottleneck.
10Gbit NIC and Intel WIFI: Supermicro added in the Aquantia AQC107 10Gbit NIC that can also operate in 5Gbit, 2.5Gbit, 1Gbit, and 100Mbit modes. They also used Intel's latest Wireless AC card that can support speeds up to 1.733Gbps.
Price: The Supermicro C9Z390-PGW is very pricey at $335.
Supermicro's C9Z390-PGW is one of the most loaded Z390 motherboards we have tested as of yet. It is a looker, but it also has some of the latest features and the ability to run two slots at x16 or four at x8. The motherboard is perfect as a workstation motherboard where both wired and wireless connections north of 1Gbit are present.
If you imagine a do it all system with an RTX 2080 Ti, a x16 M.2 RAID card, and support for a 9900K, then this motherboard can get that job done with ease. Want to add in U.2 Optane drives? The motherboard supports that. USB 3.1 (10Gbps) is present all over, and both M.2 slots have giant heat sinks on them. If you want some flash, the motherboard does have RGB LEDs as well, but it also has a dark color theme so you can let it sink into the background. If you are looking for a solid motherboard with an immense feature set, give the C9Z390-PGW a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: The C7Z390-PGW is loaded with the latest in networking both wired and wireless, and it's one of the only Z390 motherboards that has x32 lanes direct towards the CPU making it not only unique but fully loaded.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro MBD-C9Z390-PGW-O Motherboard LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z390 DDR4 SATA 6GB/s M.2 U.2 DisplayPort HDMI 10G LAN Wi-Fi USB 3.1 RGB ATX, MBD-C9Z390-PGW-O retails for $349.98 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C9Z390-PGW Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C9Z390-PGW Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C9Z390-PGW Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bungie: Activision let us do awesome things with Destiny
- Disney+ includes free 4K streaming, supports 4 simultaneous streams
- Bandai Namco: Epic Store exclusivity isn't our vision
- El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie announced, drops October 11 on Netflix
- The best destruction physics in a game EVER, also features ray tracing
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best