ASUS Strix B450-I Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio solution consists of a Realtek ALC1220 and the entire audio section is built into a daughterboard. We find two amplifiers, one is a SoundPlus OPA1688 and the other is an RC4580, it's possible that one is used as a pre-amp or that one amplifies voltage and the other current (as on more recent ASUS boards). We also get audio capacitors and illuminated audio jacks.
The main NIC is an i211AT Gbit NIC from Intel and the second is a Realtek RTL8822 Wave-2 WIFI controller which is 2x2 867Mbps.
The two Pericom PI3EQX re-drive two USB 3.1 signals from the chipset. The main SuperIO is the ITE8665E and the motherboard uses a 128Mbit ROM.
A TPU chip is used to provide extra ROG functionality. A Texas Instruments SNx5DP159 turns the digital display signal from Raven Ridge CPUs into an HDMI 2.0b electrically compatible signal.
A STMicro STM32F microcontroller handles the addressable RGB LED header and the addressable side LEDs. An Aura chip controls the RGB LED functionality of the RGB LED header.
Two ASMedia ASM1480 switch x4 from the PCI-E slot to the rear M.2 slot.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG Strix B450-I Gaming (AMD B450) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG Strix B450-I Gaming (AMD B450) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Strix B450-I Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Strix B450-I Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Strix B450-I Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- Nintendo celebrate 1,000 games on Switch with new trailer
- SCDKey celebrates Black Friday with cheap OS/game keys
- Playground Games discusses benefits of Microsoft ownership
- Nintendo has no immediate plans for N64 mini
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions