ASUS Strix B450-I Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio solution consists of a Realtek ALC1220 and the entire audio section is built into a daughterboard. We find two amplifiers, one is a SoundPlus OPA1688 and the other is an RC4580, it's possible that one is used as a pre-amp or that one amplifies voltage and the other current (as on more recent ASUS boards). We also get audio capacitors and illuminated audio jacks.
The main NIC is an i211AT Gbit NIC from Intel and the second is a Realtek RTL8822 Wave-2 WIFI controller which is 2x2 867Mbps.
The two Pericom PI3EQX re-drive two USB 3.1 signals from the chipset. The main SuperIO is the ITE8665E and the motherboard uses a 128Mbit ROM.
A TPU chip is used to provide extra ROG functionality. A Texas Instruments SNx5DP159 turns the digital display signal from Raven Ridge CPUs into an HDMI 2.0b electrically compatible signal.
A STMicro STM32F microcontroller handles the addressable RGB LED header and the addressable side LEDs. An Aura chip controls the RGB LED functionality of the RGB LED header.
Two ASMedia ASM1480 switch x4 from the PCI-E slot to the rear M.2 slot.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The Asustek computer ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING MITX retails for £197.74 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Strix B450-I Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Strix B450-I Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Strix B450-I Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gamestop to transform stores into retro arcades
- Interactive website plays 50yr Apollo 11 launch in real-time
- 2mm tiny-bots to regenerate your health from the inside out
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC 'Hero' to drop this Summer
- Mars' past climate proves it had enough time to develop life
- NZXT H500i Mid-TowerChassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access