Packaging and Overview
The motherboard box is pretty colorful, so we know it supports RGBs. The box and packaging are well done and protect the motherboard well.
The accessory package includes two SATA6Gb/s, WIFI antenna, M.2 screws, IO shield, M.2 mounting kit,ROG Strix stickers, cable ties, extension cable for addressable LED, panel cable, driver DVD, and manuals.
ASUS put in three fan headers. The CPU fan header is circled in red and is a hybrid PWM/DC mode header rated up to 1A. We do not know the capabilities of the AIO pump header (blue) or chassis fan header (green), but we assume the AIO header runs full speed and/or supports more than 1A current. The motherboard also supports an external temperature sensor, the header is circled in orange. The motherboard's dark aesthetics are quite nice, and on the rear of the motherboard we find some features, ICs, and the addressable RGB LEDs on the right edge of the motherboard.
The rear IO panel features HDMI 2.0b, four USB 3.0, two USB 3.1 type-A, Gbit LAN, illuminated audio connectors (headphone, mic, and input), and WIFI antenna connectors.
We find an M.2 slot on the topside of the motherboard that supports up to x4 PCI-E 3.0 and SATA based drives and has a heat sink. The M.2 slot on the rear is x4 PCI-E 3.0, and it shares x4 for the PCI-E x16 slot, so that means if you use that slot it will bring the x16 slot to x8, which also means Raven Ridge won't support this slot since it only offers x8 PCI-E 3.0.
The motherboard has a USB 3.0 internal header and USB 2.0 internal header, four SATA6Gb/s ports, and front panel headers on the right side of the motherboard. There is a temperature input header located behind the SATA ports in the shot on the left.
There are boot LEDs at the top right corner of the motherboard. At the top of the motherboard we find our RGB LED header and addressable RGB LED header near the fan headers.
The motherboard also has an 8-pin power connector for the CPU. The heat sinks are all screwed into the motherboard, and the VRM heat sink cools both the power stages and the inductors.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The Asustek computer ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING MITX retails for £197.74 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Strix B450-I Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Strix B450-I Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Strix B450-I Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gamestop to transform stores into retro arcades
- Interactive website plays 50yr Apollo 11 launch in real-time
- 2mm tiny-bots to regenerate your health from the inside out
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC 'Hero' to drop this Summer
- Mars' past climate proves it had enough time to develop life
- NZXT H500i Mid-TowerChassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access