Strong VRM: The VRM on the motherboard is very nice, and it utilizes IR's PoweIRstages rated 40A each. Combined with the large heat sink, the VRM is well equipped to take on overclocking Ryzen CPUs.
Audio: With the audio on a daughterboard and the addition of two amplifiers, one for current and the other for voltage, ASUS made a big effort to improve audio. The Nichicon audio capacitors are a nice addition, as is are the RGB LEDs in the ports. While you only get three audio jacks, it's still nice.
Dual M.2 slots: Sporting two M.2 slots, one rated for x4 PCI-E 3.0, the motherboard is well equipped for taking on the latest in storage technologies.
None: We couldn't really find too many issues with the motherboard, perhaps more USB on the rear IO would have been nice. The WIFI card isn't the best either.
The ASUS Strix B450-I Gaming is a high-end B450 motherboard loaded with the latest in features and technologies. We get HDMI 2.0, USB 3.1 (10Gbps), and dual M.2 slots. ASUS does use a high-end Intel NIC and a Realtek based WIFI controller. We get some upgrades to the audio on the motherboard, and it's great both in real life and in tests.
Overall, this is a high-end AM4 mini-ITX motherboard with the right hardware to back it up, and it comes in at a reasonable price.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||92%|
The Bottom Line: Loaded with high-end features and a solid set of aftermarket features such as RGB LED support and HDMI 2.0, the STRIX B450-I Gaming stuns at an affordable price.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG Strix B450-I Gaming (AMD B450) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG Strix B450-I Gaming (AMD B450) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Strix B450-I Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Strix B450-I Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Strix B450-I Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases