Lately, we have had a bone to pick with all of these AIO makers that caved to the idea that all customers want an AIO that looks good, but is not heard, regardless of the performance; but we love that Corsair stepped out of that mold. The H115i RGB Platinum reminds us of days gone by, where AIO makers were in a battle to top the charts, which works well for us in the end. On the most basic levels, the cooler is stunning to look at, has RGB all over it that can be matched to anything else controlled by iCUE, it performs well for those not afraid of noise, and is an all-around value considering everything you get here.
Digging deeper, the choice of fans are perfect for a sweet balance of limited noise or the option for top-tier performance. While at lower speeds, anything under near 1000 RPM, you can hear the full speed pump over the fans. At the same time, with so much CFM and static pressure, Corsair did an excellent job of catering to all markets at once. While with our sample, no matter how we configured the software or selected options for the pump, ours ran at full speed, all of the time, no matter if it said Quiet, Balanced, Extreme, or Fixed Percentage. To us that isn't a bad thing, as with the limited flow of these AIOs, the faster the pump spins, the better.
The iCUE software is where all of the magic happens though, and well beyond the fact that cooling profiles can be addressed. First of all, it is unified software, so that all Corsair devices can be controlled within the same system, and you can make all Corsair products have the same pattern at one time, which is cool. Beyond that, you can see the coolant temperature inside of the loop and is what the fan curves are based upon. Going a step further, there is the lighting system, which does all of what we addressed already but goes much further.
Not only are there some thirty or so pre-set options to choose between. Some are individual, some fall into the customizable, and the rest fall into the "lighting link" section where all connected devices are tied together. Even further, you can open a window with all of the LEDs shown on the head unit as well as the fans, and by clicking on one, or groups of LED indicators, you can layer profiles to make the lights do well more than what the team at Corsair could have limited you too.
Corsair has set themselves apart this time, with the introduction of the h115i RGB Platinum CPU cooler, and we will tell you why. In the old days, all AIOs were loud, and companies tired their hardest to be on the top of the chart. Then came the silent and RGB phase of coolers, where it seems some teething issues were looked over, things were tweaked, and maybe they realized that when a $50 cooler can beat your $120 solution, you may need to rethink the game. In all aspects, for whatever reasons, we feel that the H115i RGB Platinum has raised the stakes to all other AIO makers out there.
They have found a pleasing balance to keep all of their potential customers what they want. If you want silent and pretty to look at, you got it. If you want performance over everything else, and you want to turn out the lights for late night benching sessions, have at it. The H115i RGB Platinum has stood up to the testing, has many new implementations and features we have not seen on any others yet, and with a $169.99 MSRP attached to it, you get much more for the dollar than in previous offerings. If you are in the market for a new AIO for your latest build, head over to Corsair, and check out the new Platinum series of coolers. They have it all, no matter what you desire of it.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||98%|
The Bottom Line: The H115i RGB Platinum is an AIO anyone can love and appreciate. A perfect mix of silence or performance with stunning looks and the utmost in control of it all. While the price is high, we still feel there is plenty here to make you want to grab it anyways!
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Corsair H115i RGB Platinum CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Age of Empires will have a segment Inside Xbox in March
- Valve abandon ALL non-gaming related video content on Steam
- Battlerite Royale hits free-to-play on Steam, now available
- Daikatana developer delays SIGIL, aims for April release
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure