Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake, SuperPI, and ScienceMark
In Handbrake we see something interesting; the 2920X is getting really close to the 1950X in performance. It could be because it's a mixed workload, not all cores are used, and we see the 2920X actually overtake the 1950X in ScienceMark. SuperPI is very single core and memory latency dependent, and in this case, the 2970WX is feeling the heat. We do get some cache and memory improvements with the 2000-series processors, and the 2920X beats the 1950X in that regard in SuperPI. The 2970WX is the second best Blender benchmark result in our charts.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970WX and 2920X retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970WX and 2920X retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases