NVIDIA's new Turing GPU architecture features some special herbs and spices with Tensor Cores being one of them. Tensor Cores are specialized execution units that have been designed specifically to perform tensor/matrix operations that are the core compute function used in Deep Learning.
NVIDIA had already struck Tensor Core gold with the Volta GPU architecture, but the new Turing Tensor Cores "provide tremendous speed-ups for matrix computations at the heart of deep learning neural network training and inferencing operations".
Turing Tensor Cores offer deep learning-based AI tricks for GeForce RTX series graphics cards and Quadro workstation cards, with a little something called DLSS or Deep Learning Super Sampling. DLSS is powered by Tensor Cores and uses NVIDIA's deep neural network to "extract multidimensional features of the rendered scene and intelligently combine details from multiple frames to construct a high-quality final image. DLSS uses fewer input samples than traditional techniques such as TAA, while avoiding the algorithmic difficulties such techniques face with transparency and other complex scene elements".
Turing is a much more powerful GPU for ray tracing thanks to its RT Cores, as the GPU architecture was developed from the ground up for ray tracing in mind. You can see the software emulation for BVH (Bounding Volume Hierarchy).
As you can see, the RT Cores hardware accelerate what the Pascal GPU architecture does in software emulation.
Sounds like magic, doesn't it?!
Turing features some fresh new RT Cores with the flagship GeForce RTX 2080 Ti packing 68 RT cores for the highest performance in real-time ray tracing games powered by RTX and other compute tasks.
The new RT Cores in the Turing GPU are untapped right now with only a few games able to take advantage of them, but as time goes real-time ray tracing in games will expand into countless titles. As of now, we have a fair few games with some of them being the biggest games of 2018 including Battlefield V, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Control (which arrives in 2019).
Turing hardware enables real-time ray tracing for lighting and AI in games and other applications, where NVIDIA has created a new rendering model called Hybrid Rendering. Hybrid Rendering uses a combination of traditional rendering, ray traced rendering, and AI that makes images really pop, all in real-time ray tracing. Most of this comes from the power of the Turing GPU, with the flagship GeForce RTX 2080 Ti the perfect card for real-time ray tracing.
The Current List Of Ray Tracing Games
- Assetto Corsa Competizione
- Atomic Heart
- Battlefield V
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
- Metro Exodus
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Project DH
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specs: Turing GPUs]
- Page 3 [Specs: GDDR6 Memory]
- Page 4 [New Look, New Cooler, New GeForce]
- Page 5 [Detailed Look]
- Page 6 [Turing: NVLink Multi-GPU Tech]
- Page 7 [Turing: RT Cores & Tensor Cores]
- Page 8 [DLSS: Deep Learning Magic & NGX]
- Page 9 [AI To Power The Future Of Gaming]
- Page 10 [WTF IS RTX-OPS]
- Page 11 [GPU Boost 4.0 & NVIDIA Scanner]
- Page 12 [Test System Specs]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - 8K]
- Page 19 [Overclocking]
- Page 20 [Heat, Power, Noise]
- Page 21 [Performance Between GTX 1080 and GTX 1080 Ti]
- Page 22 [Final Thoughts... More To Come]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- Nintendo celebrate 1,000 games on Switch with new trailer
- SCDKey celebrates Black Friday with cheap OS/game keys
- Playground Games discusses benefits of Microsoft ownership
- Nintendo has no immediate plans for N64 mini
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions