The 7800GT TOP Silence graphics cards from ASUS were quite surprising. You have two cards that came pre-overclocked on a heatsink with no fan but not only that thanks to the faster memory used, you have even more head room for overclocking as we saw today.
The package was also one of the best we have seen in a while with a very recent game like King Kong being included, more often then not we get these powerful graphics cards and a copy of Counter Strike or something else that can barley push the power of the cards inside. ASUS have done a TOP job all round from bundle to overclocking to quality.
It is nice to know though that if you don't want a noisy case, you can have the performance that you want with an SLI setup and not a 6600GT either... we are talking about two of the highest-end available graphics cards. There is no doubt that silence enthusiasts while be rejoicing over the release of the 7800GT heat pipe version, let's hope that we see ASUS carry this technology onto some of the other higher-end cards including the X1900XTX which is very noisy.
If you're looking for a silent but fast VGA solution, there is no doubt that you cannot look past these cards. You're not going to get anything faster with these noise levels unless you get into some custom modding and want to take the risk of voiding your warranty.
Even more overclocking headroom
High quality heatsink
1.6ns memory as opposed to 2.0ns
A justified premium
SLI requires extra room due to heatsink
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit