The 7800GT TOP Silence graphics cards from ASUS were quite surprising. You have two cards that came pre-overclocked on a heatsink with no fan but not only that thanks to the faster memory used, you have even more head room for overclocking as we saw today.
The package was also one of the best we have seen in a while with a very recent game like King Kong being included, more often then not we get these powerful graphics cards and a copy of Counter Strike or something else that can barley push the power of the cards inside. ASUS have done a TOP job all round from bundle to overclocking to quality.
It is nice to know though that if you don't want a noisy case, you can have the performance that you want with an SLI setup and not a 6600GT either... we are talking about two of the highest-end available graphics cards. There is no doubt that silence enthusiasts while be rejoicing over the release of the 7800GT heat pipe version, let's hope that we see ASUS carry this technology onto some of the other higher-end cards including the X1900XTX which is very noisy.
If you're looking for a silent but fast VGA solution, there is no doubt that you cannot look past these cards. You're not going to get anything faster with these noise levels unless you get into some custom modding and want to take the risk of voiding your warranty.
Even more overclocking headroom
High quality heatsink
1.6ns memory as opposed to 2.0ns
A justified premium
SLI requires extra room due to heatsink
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam