Packaging and Overview
The box and packaging are very basic, but they get the job done.
The accessory package includes two SATA6Gb/s, IO shield, M.2 screws, case badge, postcard, driver DVD, and manuals.
ASRock put in five fan headers. The one header circled in red is a PWM fan header rated for 1A of output and is meant for the main CPU fan. The other four circled in blue are hybrid PWM/DC mode headers rated up to 2A of output. The motherboards aesthetics are, and the motherboard looks complete. With its color neutral color scheme, the motherboard is easy to match in a build. The back of the motherboard is bare of components.
The rear IO panel features two USB 2.0 ports, PS/2 keyboard/mouse, DisplayPort, HDMI, D-SUB (VGA), USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, four USB 3.0 ports, Gbit LAN, and audio jacks (out, in, and mic).
Here we find the PCI-E slot arrangement. The top slot is x16 and is routed to the CPU directly. The fourth slot looks like a x16 slot, but it's rated x4 PCI-E 3.0 and shares all of its bandwidth with the Ultra M.2 slot (top one). The other slots are x1 PCI-E 2.0. The top M.2 slot is x4 PCI-E 3.0.
The second M.2 slot is rated x2 PCI-E 3.0. We recently learned from another motherboard that the B450 chipset actually has the ability to output x2 PCI-E 3.0, and those lanes are actually shared with SATA, so in this case, using that second slot will disable SATA ports 3 and 4 and vice versa. Four of the SATA ports are at a 90-degree angle.
Two of the SATA6Gb/s are angled straight, and there is a USB 3.0 internal header located below the 24-pin power connector. The motherboard's VRM features an 8-pin power connector.
At the bottom of the motherboard, we find our front panel headers, two fan headers, clear CMOS jumper, an addressable RGB LED header, and two USB 2.0 internal headers. Further, over past the COM port we find an RGB LED header.
At the top of the motherboard, we find another RGB LED header. While all the heat sinks are metal, the VRM heat sinks are held down by push pins.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Unity Engine shines bright in 'The Heretic' tech demo at GDC
- DOOM Eternal runs at 4K 60FPS on Google Stadia in the cloud
- Disney and Pixar release the first trailer to Toy Story 4
- NVIDIA's next-gen RTX server pods pack 1280 Turing GPUs
- Google's console-killer Stadia wages war on the industry
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms