B450 Tomahawk Circuit Analysis Continued
Audio hardware includes a Realtek ALC892, some gold series audio capacitors, and the PCB is physically isolated to reduce noise.
The Gbit LAN comes from a Realtek RTL8111H controller. A Pericom PI3EQX re-drives both USB 3.1 signals for both ports on the rear IO panel and a Texas Instruments HD3220 is used as the type-C switch.
The main SuperIO is the nuvoton NCT6797D. The chip labeled "504N" is responsible for the BIOS USB recovery technology, it's some custom microcontroller that's typically only found on MSI motherboards with the feature.
We find a 128Mbit/16MB BIOS ROM on the motherboard. Smaller nuvoton IC's like this NCT5605Y GPIO controller are used to expand fan control.
Here a Texas Instruments GD75232 multiple drivers and receivers chip is used to provide COM port functionality. ASMedia ASM1480 quick switches are used to switch around bandwidth between two SATA ports and the M.2 slot and between the x4 PCI-E 2.0 slot and two x1 slots.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI B450 Tomahawk (AMD B450) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI B450 Tomahawk (AMD B450) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and B450 Tomahawk Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI B450 Tomahawk Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI B450 Tomahawk Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate updated to 3.0.1, no Joker nerfs
- Super Mario Maker 2 pre-order comes with a sketching stylus
- Respawn's Titanfall dev team is separate from other projects
- Epic will stop exclusives if Valve gives 88% revenue split
- Nintendo won't reveal new Switch at E3 2019
- OWC 10Gbe Thunderbolt 3 Review
- did the old ivy bridge overclock issue on z68 boards ever get fixed?
- LED strip always on even after PC off?
- Netgear Orbi Pro Ceiling Review
- Fitbit Versa Lite Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Carpe Diem! Imperator: Rome Available Now
- Garth Brooks Makes Mobile Game Debut in Words With Friends, Announces Final Pre-Order Window for The Legacy Collection
- Nexile releases new trailer for Jump King along with release date
- World War Z - The zombie apocalypse is frantic, frightening - and fun - in the World War Z Reaction Trailer!
- Focus Home Interactive Q4 2018 - 2019 Earnings!