B450 Tomahawk Circuit Analysis Continued
Audio hardware includes a Realtek ALC892, some gold series audio capacitors, and the PCB is physically isolated to reduce noise.
The Gbit LAN comes from a Realtek RTL8111H controller. A Pericom PI3EQX re-drives both USB 3.1 signals for both ports on the rear IO panel and a Texas Instruments HD3220 is used as the type-C switch.
The main SuperIO is the nuvoton NCT6797D. The chip labeled "504N" is responsible for the BIOS USB recovery technology, it's some custom microcontroller that's typically only found on MSI motherboards with the feature.
We find a 128Mbit/16MB BIOS ROM on the motherboard. Smaller nuvoton IC's like this NCT5605Y GPIO controller are used to expand fan control.
Here a Texas Instruments GD75232 multiple drivers and receivers chip is used to provide COM port functionality. ASMedia ASM1480 quick switches are used to switch around bandwidth between two SATA ports and the M.2 slot and between the x4 PCI-E 2.0 slot and two x1 slots.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and B450 Tomahawk Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI B450 Tomahawk Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI B450 Tomahawk Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]