Tyler's Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370 (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K (buy from Amazon)
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 4x8GB DDR4 3200 (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i (buy from Amazon)
- Case: Corsair Air 540 (buy from Amazon)
- OS Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB (buy from Amazon)
- Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (buy from Amazon)
- Wi-Fi NIC: ASUS PCE-AC88 (buy from Amazon)
- 10Gbe NIC: ASUS XG-C100C (buy from Amazon)
- Thunderbolt 3: ASUS Thunderbolt EX3 (buy from Amazon)
After connecting power and Ethernet, firing up the unit and going to the WebGUI setup address, we are greeted with the image above. This allows you to choose between quick or customized setup
Moving through setup, we are greeted with the storage menu, allowing setup of our storage pool and RAID mode.
Seen above, the desktop offers icons for File Management, Backup, Monitoring and Cloud Sync. Down below we have the dock where you can move shortcut or access the control panel.
Diving into the control panel, we have several rows within. These allow you to setup everything from network to maintenance and power, storage and users even Time Machine for macOS users.
General settings include, platform naming and data and time management.
Storage gives you access to disks, pools, and volumes along with setup of SSD Cache and iSCSI.
Moving to file sharing, we have setup of users, groups and folders.
Network services include CIFS, AFP and NFS along with FTP and Rsync.
The apps menu is quite sparse but does offer AV, SQL Server, and Web Server along with VPN and Media Library.
Backup options include snapshot, remote backup to another server or cloud backup. If you have a second Qsan appliance you can configure Xmirror with allows Qsan units to replicate on-the-fly.
The monitor allows a look at the hardware temps and resource usage.
Moving into desktop PC software, Qsan XReplicator is free and works with your Qsan NAS platform to enable automated backups of your data on any platform. You just have to choose a PC, Disk or Folder as the source.
After choosing what you would like to work with we move into choosing the actual data we want backed up. For me, I'm backing up an entire partition.
Destination chosen as the NAS.
Choose the folder within the Qsan.
Additional options include backup schemes, schedules, notifications and files or folders that should be excluded.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Qsan XN3002T NAS Appliance]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- WD launches new super-fast external gaming drives with up to 2GB/sec
- Neo returns in Matrix 4, Keanu Reeves to star
- Gears 5 PC spec recommendations are pretty lax: GTX 970, Intel i5 CPU
- Squall's moody teen angst gets remastered next month for $20
- Watch Dogs Legion has MILLIONs of playable characters
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Corsair K57 RGB Wireless Gaming Keyboard Review
- I5-8250U laptop throttling while gaming. New fan, new heat sink yet, new thermal yet no avail. Please help.
- Yubico Launches the World's First Lightning-Compatible Security Key, the YubiKey 5Ci
- Monkey King: Hero Is Back Pre-Orders Now Open on Steam
- Lionsgate and Bloober Team Release New Blair Witch 'Insanity' Story Trailer
- PINBRAWLER CREATURE IN THE WELL PRE-ORDERS NOW LIVE GAME LAUNCHES SEPTEMBER 6
- NEW DATING SIM GAME ANNOUNCED: NOW WITH 100% MORE DOGS You'll want to get your paws on this one On Valentine's Day, 2020