NVIDIA is not just throwing punches with the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, its coming through and just punching through walls. After it's punched through the wall, the RTX 2080 Ti steps into the next line in the sand of performance and firmly places its flag. The RTX 2080 Ti absolutely owns all resolutions and games, and is now the fastest graphics card you can buy.
All the hype was worth it for a 30-50% increase in 4K performance over not just the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, but the TITAN Xp which was worth $1199 until the RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition arrived and took its price of $1199. It's a fairer comparison to not judge the RTX 2080 Ti against the GTX 1080 Ti, but more of 'how good is the card for $1199 that replaces the TITAN Xp'.
Looking at the RTX 2080 Ti like this puts it in a class of its own. The RTX 2080 on its own replaces the TITAN Xp in virtually all resolutions and games, but the RTX 2080 Ti is a huge leap up from the already-great performance of the RTX 2080. To put it plainly, I see the RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti like the arms on Henry Cavill in Mission Impossible: Fallout:
The King Of 4K Gaming
NVIDIA's new Turing-based GeForce RTX 2080 Ti kicks f***ing ass at 4K gaming, I've said it elsewhere in the review because that's the only way of explaining it. Holy hell does it throw some punches at 4K, going above and beyond what I expected over the GTX 1080 Ti and TITAN Xp. This is an entire new class of performance for $1199, putting the TITAN Xp to shame really.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider running at 4K on Ultra graphics (AA disabled) we are seeing 58/65FPS on minimum/average, respectively. This is pretty crazy when you think the GTX 1080 Ti is only pushing out 41/47FPS, respectively, giving the RTX 2080 Ti an increase of 38% at 4K.
Far Cry 5 on the RTX 2080 Ti shows similar results, with a 32% increase in performance over the GTX 1080 Ti. Rainbow Six Siege on the other hand is incredibly gracious of all of the new horsepower from Turing and GDDR6 on the RTX 2080 Ti, with a huge 73% increase in performance.
Rainbow Six Siege sees the RTX 2080 Ti pushing out 80/102FPS on minimum/average, respectively, while the GTX 1080 Ti is only capable of 32/49FPS, respectively. 73% increase in performance is absolutely incredible. For comparison, the Radeon RX Vega 64 LCE pushes 50FPS average.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War is another game hard on graphics cards, but at 4K the new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti is pushing out 32/81FPS on minimum/average, respectively. Another huge gain over the GTX 1080 Ti at 4K in Shadow of War with an increase of 42% on the RTX 2080 Ti.
I Really Want To Test NVLink
We're seeing an average of 80-100FPS at 4K on the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, so all I can wonder is how the NVLink multi-GPU performance will be on the new Turing cards.
Even if you were to get 30-50% scaling through RTX 2080 Ti cards on NVLink, you would be pushing well past 120FPS at 4K which is just insane. It really is unheard of, and something that Vega could never come close to. I don't think we'll ever see a current-gen GPU architecture from AMD pushing past 4K 120FPS.
None of our games ran at below 60FPS at 4K on the RTX 1080 Ti, but the same can't be said for the GTX 1080 Ti or TITAN Xp graphics cards. They will drop below 60FPS average at times, but the RTX 2080 Ti just bashes through them all.
All Without DLSS... Yet
This is something I can't wait to get into, either... Deep Learning Super Sampling, or DLSS. We are told to expect a huge leap in performance with DLSS-enabled games, so not only will they look better but they'll run faster as well. These results at 4K can only go up with the adoption of DLSS meaning that your RTX 20 series graphics card can make your games run faster in the future. Awesome!
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing/Availability]
- Page 2 [Specs: Turing GPUs]
- Page 3 [Specs: GDDR6 Memory]
- Page 4 [New Look, New Cooler, New GeForce]
- Page 5 [Detailed Look]
- Page 6 [Turing: NVLink Multi-GPU Tech]
- Page 7 [Turing: RT Cores & Tensor Cores]
- Page 8 [DLSS: Deep Learning Magic & NGX]
- Page 9 [AI To Power The Future Of Gaming]
- Page 10 [WTF IS RTX-OPS]
- Page 11 [GPU Boost 4.0 & NVIDIA Scanner]
- Page 12 [Test System Specs]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - 8K]
- Page 19 [Overclocking]
- Page 20 [Heat, Power, Noise]
- Page 21 [Unrivaled Performance]
- Page 22 [More Coming Soon & Final Thoughts 1.0]
- Page 23 [Should You Buy It? & Final Thoughts 2.0]
- Page 24 [What Will AMD Do & Final Thoughts 3.0]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate updated to 3.0.1, no Joker nerfs
- Super Mario Maker 2 pre-order comes with a sketching stylus
- Respawn's Titanfall dev team is separate from other projects
- Epic will stop exclusives if Valve gives 88% revenue split
- Nintendo won't reveal new Switch at E3 2019
- OWC 10Gbe Thunderbolt 3 Review
- did the old ivy bridge overclock issue on z68 boards ever get fixed?
- LED strip always on even after PC off?
- Netgear Orbi Pro Ceiling Review
- Fitbit Versa Lite Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Carpe Diem! Imperator: Rome Available Now
- Garth Brooks Makes Mobile Game Debut in Words With Friends, Announces Final Pre-Order Window for The Legacy Collection
- Nexile releases new trailer for Jump King along with release date
- World War Z - The zombie apocalypse is frantic, frightening - and fun - in the World War Z Reaction Trailer!
- Focus Home Interactive Q4 2018 - 2019 Earnings!