Coolest GeForce Yet
NVIDIA has always made good but not great reference cards, putting in the most effort ever with its last-gen GeForce GTX 10 series Founders Edition cards. They were good, but they got super hot - hitting 83C without a problem and were untouchable between testing. It always made it hard doing mass benchmarks because the GTX 10 FE cards would get blistering hot. I'd burn myself every now and again when going between cards, which sucked.
Well, that doesn't happen with Turing. The new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti runs at a maximum of 70-75C during most testing with its fans on auto and only 60C maximum with the fans at 100%. I'll do more testing of the temperature of the GPU in more detail in the coming days, but the GPU doesn't get anywhere near as hot or maintain its heat like Pascal does.
The backplate on the RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition card still stays incredibly hot, so while the GPU is running at a cool 60C with the fans at 100%, the backplate is ridiculously hot. The ends of the card don't run hot so you can still grab it, but that's where the custom RTX cards will come into play. We have one already and multiple others on the way (the typhoons near China aren't helping).
Stock: I was hitting around 330-350W total under 100% stress loads, around the level of power consumption of the TITAN Xp, but a little more than a fully loaded GTX 1080 Ti. We'll have more on this soon as well.
OC: The new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti uses anywhere between 400-460W of power when overclocked, depending on the game, resolution, frame rate, and temperature of the card. With the Turing GPU and GDDR6 both overclocked, and the fans at 100% we had power consumption of up to 470W peak in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Power consumption was anywhere between 400-430W in Metro Last Light, while it sat between 420-460W in Rainbow Six Siege.
Quietest GeForce Ever
If you leave the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition to its own, it will run nice and quiet for you - hitting 70-75C. This temperature isn't enough to crank the fans to 100% yet, so it'll be nice and quiet while running over 10C cooler than the GTX 10 Founders Edition cards (GTX 1080/1080 Ti/TITAN Xp).
This was one of the more impressive parts of NVIDIA's new card... it blows the performance doors off the current flagship GeForce GTX 1080 Ti and TITAN Xp graphics cards, while doing so cooler and quieter than both of those cards. Incredible stuff, really. Turing, the new power delivery system, GDDR6, and everything in between has been tuned to perfection for the RTX 2080 Ti.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing/Availability]
- Page 2 [Specs: Turing GPUs]
- Page 3 [Specs: GDDR6 Memory]
- Page 4 [New Look, New Cooler, New GeForce]
- Page 5 [Detailed Look]
- Page 6 [Turing: NVLink Multi-GPU Tech]
- Page 7 [Turing: RT Cores & Tensor Cores]
- Page 8 [DLSS: Deep Learning Magic & NGX]
- Page 9 [AI To Power The Future Of Gaming]
- Page 10 [WTF IS RTX-OPS]
- Page 11 [GPU Boost 4.0 & NVIDIA Scanner]
- Page 12 [Test System Specs]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - 8K]
- Page 19 [Overclocking]
- Page 20 [Heat, Power, Noise]
- Page 21 [Unrivaled Performance]
- Page 22 [More Coming Soon & Final Thoughts 1.0]
- Page 23 [Should You Buy It? & Final Thoughts 2.0]
- Page 24 [What Will AMD Do & Final Thoughts 3.0]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- Death Stranding demo leaves Guerrilla Games 'so impressed'
- Capcom showcase 'Tofu' in Resident Evil 2 Remake screenshots
- COD: Black Ops 4 - Blackout Battle Royale mode goes F2P
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!