NVIDIA Defines RTX-OPS
NVIDIA is so far ahead of AMD right now that it's in totally new territory with the Turing GPU architecture, so it has had to use its own "RTX-OPS" when trying to define performance of Tensor-related compute tasks. We won't be using RTX-OPS in our day-to-day benchmarks or RTX 20 series reviews, but it definitely deserves its own page to explain WTF is RTX-OPS.
The way NVIDIA works out RTX-OPS, the company explains that the "peak operations of each type based is derated on how often it's used". NVIDIA cites:
- Tensor operations are used 20% of the time
- CUDA cores are used 80% of the time
- RT cores are used 40% of the time (half of 80%)
- INT32 pipes are used 28% of the time (35% of 80%)
For example, RTX-OPS = TENSOR * 20% + FP32 * 80% + RTOPS * 40% + INT32 * 28%.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing/Availability]
- Page 2 [Specs: Turing GPUs]
- Page 3 [Specs: GDDR6 Memory]
- Page 4 [New Look, New Cooler, New GeForce]
- Page 5 [Detailed Look]
- Page 6 [Turing: NVLink Multi-GPU Tech]
- Page 7 [Turing: RT Cores & Tensor Cores]
- Page 8 [DLSS: Deep Learning Magic & NGX]
- Page 9 [AI To Power The Future Of Gaming]
- Page 10 [WTF IS RTX-OPS]
- Page 11 [GPU Boost 4.0 & NVIDIA Scanner]
- Page 12 [Test System Specs]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - 8K]
- Page 19 [Overclocking]
- Page 20 [Heat, Power, Noise]
- Page 21 [Unrivaled Performance]
- Page 22 [More Coming Soon & Final Thoughts 1.0]
- Page 23 [Should You Buy It? & Final Thoughts 2.0]
- Page 24 [What Will AMD Do & Final Thoughts 3.0]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat 11 may have cosmetic monetization
- Sapphire launches new AMD RX 570 16GB crypto mining card
- Fallout 76 isn't going free-to-play
- Anthem microtransactions detailed
- Mortal Kombat 11 to feature cross-play after initial launch
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Two Hat Is Changing the Landscape of Content Moderation With New Image Recognition Technology
- Top Executives Launch Blockchain-Powered Video Game Publishing Company
- Announcing Destiny Chaser's Global Launch!
- Dean Trotman Joins Sumo Digital as Commercial Director
- SmuggleCraft launches on Nintendo Switch 1/25