NVIDIA Defines RTX-OPS
NVIDIA is so far ahead of AMD right now that it's in totally new territory with the Turing GPU architecture, so it has had to use its own "RTX-OPS" when trying to define performance of Tensor-related compute tasks. We won't be using RTX-OPS in our day-to-day benchmarks or RTX 20 series reviews, but it definitely deserves its own page to explain WTF is RTX-OPS.
The way NVIDIA works out RTX-OPS, the company explains that the "peak operations of each type based is derated on how often it's used". NVIDIA cites:
- Tensor operations are used 20% of the time
- CUDA cores are used 80% of the time
- RT cores are used 40% of the time (half of 80%)
- INT32 pipes are used 28% of the time (35% of 80%)
For example, RTX-OPS = TENSOR * 20% + FP32 * 80% + RTOPS * 40% + INT32 * 28%.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing/Availability]
- Page 2 [Specs: Turing GPUs]
- Page 3 [Specs: GDDR6 Memory]
- Page 4 [New Look, New Cooler, New GeForce]
- Page 5 [Detailed Look]
- Page 6 [Turing: NVLink Multi-GPU Tech]
- Page 7 [Turing: RT Cores & Tensor Cores]
- Page 8 [DLSS: Deep Learning Magic & NGX]
- Page 9 [AI To Power The Future Of Gaming]
- Page 10 [WTF IS RTX-OPS]
- Page 11 [GPU Boost 4.0 & NVIDIA Scanner]
- Page 12 [Test System Specs]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - 8K]
- Page 19 [Overclocking]
- Page 20 [Heat, Power, Noise]
- Page 21 [Unrivaled Performance]
- Page 22 [More Coming Soon & Final Thoughts 1.0]
- Page 23 [Should You Buy It? & Final Thoughts 2.0]
- Page 24 [What Will AMD Do & Final Thoughts 3.0]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intellivision's new $150 console has online store, new games
- Steam grows to 90 million monthly active users
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct