ATI's CrossFire solution is now a lot more attractive offering thanks to the Radeon X1900 series being released. Performance is up and above the 7800GTX when in SLI quite often and the performance increase between a single XTX and CrossFire can be seen in most applications although some greater than others.
Both of the HIS cards come with a nice package and everything you need to start tearing up those frames in all the latest games. The overall package is great with the games and huge amount of cables to make use of all the features that are on offer from the cards.
While CrossFire isn't a bad technology, the master card idea is just extremely annoying. The external connector is also a bit of a pain but is bearable. Why ATI is unable to run a setup like nVidia is beyond us. The ability to simply just go out and purchase an X1900XTX would fix up confusion amongst people who don't understand the "master card" situation and just generally make it an easier technology to understand.
HIS have done an excellent job with the X1900XTX and master card and they are one of the only brands master cards that can be found down under in Australia at the moment.
Easy to setup
Official driver now (Catalyst 6.2)
Master card availability
You might need to upgrade to a more powerful PSU
Rating - 8.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz