Even with the power of the AMD Athlon X2 and Intel Extreme Edition processors, we still find ourselves hitting a CPU limitation in a lot of our benchmarks. That is, the graphics cards have more performance to give but the processor is letting the team down.
By overclocking the processor we can see what kind of a performance increase we get. When something isn't CPU limited the performance increase isn't all that major but when we do have a CPU bottleneck, every MHz extra we can get can show us an excellent jump in performance.
The Athlon X2 3800+ was increased from 2GHz to 2.2GHz with a slight increase in the front side bus utilizing the stock X2 HSF.
The small bump in processor speed gives us a small bump in performance at both resolutions, with more tweaking there is no doubt you could break some records.
We don't see a huge jump in performance but we didn't give the processor a huge increase.
Far Cry is such a CPU limited game except for the first time we find that the results went slightly backwards when overclocking. We ran the test multiple times and rebooted and the results were consistent with the ones above.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox games may arrive on Epic Store as well as Steam
- Gears 5's direct cosmetic monetization isn't 'ahead of the industry'
- Stan Lee's daughter blasts Disney for disrespecting father's legacy
- Denuvo DRM is coming to mobile phone games
- Capcom preps you for Iceborne with this helpful infographic
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- ADATA Launches TC500 AI Voice Translator
- Nokia appoints Gabriela Styf Sjoman as Chief Strategy Officer and member of the Nokia Group Leadership Team
- Fujitsu and Qualcomm Complete 5G Data Calls in Sub-6GHz and mmWave Spectrum Bands
- NEW LG K SERIES DESIGNED FOR ENHANCED MULTIMEDIA EXPERIENCE
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing