Hardware & Documentation
The hardware shipped with the M400 seems limited, but there is plenty here to fill the chassis. There are six hex-head screws for the PSU and two for either a second GPU or use with the vertical GPU mounting bracket, and next to it is a motherboard speaker. At the bottom we have three standoffs that need to be installed, eighteen M3 screws for the motherboard and 2.5" drive mounting, and a set of round 6/32 screws for ODD and HDD mounting.
Micronics also considers the need to keep wires tight to the motherboard tray, so that the tempered glass panel can go back on the chassis smoothly, and gives us five zip-ties. Also, with glass sides and a shiny front, Micronics has thought about fingerprints too and offers a cloth to remove them when needed.
The installation guide is a single sheet of paper with many images on it, and text to help with each step. The hardware is labeled, and each component has a section on how to install it. While not the most comprehensive guide out there, it will get a novice builder through the process.
Micronics also sent along the Caslon II 600W PSU to use inside of the Master M400. Its compact size helps, and the 80PLUS bronze rating is not so bad, but there are two things we prefer there not to be. One of them is that the PSU is hard-wired, so if you do not use all of the cables, you have to stuff them in the chassis somewhere. The second is that the PSU has an odd wiring system, where you have to plug the chassis power 2-pin connector to a lead going into the PSU. Once that is done, another 2-pin lead from the PSU connects back to the motherboard power switch header.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros cancer patient thanks community for Ultimate demo
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- IDTechEx Research Releases New Report on Drones 2018-2038: Components, Technologies, Roadmaps, Market Forecasts
- SOC Telemed Announces Partnership with Sound Physicians
- Star Sky 3, the final installment of the popular series just released today on Steam!
- Das Boot VR will release on Hologate this fall
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village is coming today to mobile!