Antec DF500 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis
The front of the DF500 RGB is chunky in appearance, with a thick outer frame, which with various shapes and angles, surrounds the tinted window that makes up most of the bezel. Air flows in on both sides of the window through gaps at the top and the bottom, and we are also getting our first look at the new Antec logo found at the bottom of the bezel.
The front I/O panel offers everything the specifications have told us was here. The HD Audio jacks start things off at the left, followed by a tiny button for the RGB LED control. In the center is an LED ringed power button, and to the right are the pair of USB 3.0 ports.
At the top of the DF500 RGB, we see a thin metal surround, which runs on all sides of the magnetic dust filter. The filter is made of plastic and has tiny round holes for airflow to pass through, and out of the chassis.
The view from the left shows the bulging shape of the front bezel, while the tempered glass panel covers the entire left side of the chassis, and is held into place with thumbscrews. The only other thing we see is the angled feet at the bottom, on which the glass can rest, so it is less likely to fall off when removing the screws.
Looking at the back of the chassis, the gap at the top is nearly enough room for an AIO to fit, before you run into the rear I/O and rear exhaust openings. The expansion slots are accessed externally and have a slide cover to get cards in and out. At the bottom is the hole for the PSU, and is shifted right of center to allow room to the left to hide wires.
The right side of the chassis has the same potbelly shape we saw on the left, but rather than the use of glass, Antec opts for a steel panel. The panel is held on with thumbscrews and slides towards the back to release tabs, after which the door can be removed.
Under the chassis, we find a dust filter under the PSU, but it is not easily removed, and just in front of it is the slotted area which allows the HDD cage to move. The HDD cage can also be removed if needed. The feet are quite large and placed right at the corners, but the rubber pads are tiny in comparison.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Antec Dark Fleet Series DF500 RGB Mid-Tower PC/Gaming Computer Case with GRB Lighting, RGB Fans x 3 Pre-Installed, Tempered Glass Side Panel, 380mm Max Graphics Cards, 6 SSD for ATX, M-ATX and ITX retails for $90.97 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Antec Dark Fleet DF500 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Antec DF500 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the DF500 RGB]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears 5 PC spec recommendations are pretty lax: GTX 970, Intel i5 CPU
- Squall's moody teen angst gets remastered next month for $20
- Watch Dogs Legion has MILLIONs of playable characters
- New Avengers gameplay looks DAMN good, why wasn't it shown before?
- Microsoft add long list of new games to Xbox Games Pass
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Corsair K57 RGB Wireless Gaming Keyboard Review
- I5-8250U laptop throttling while gaming. New fan, new heat sink yet, new thermal yet no avail. Please help.
- Rivet Networks: Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 Review
- PUBLISHER HUYA SIGNS TACTICAL SCI-FI FPS BOUNDARY FOR PS4 AND PC
- Thermaltake Launches its first Level 20 Gaming Mouse
- European Premiere of three brand new AOC gaming monitors at gamescom 2019
- JCB partners with EVO Payments to enable JCB card acceptance for merchants in the UK and Ireland
- West HQ and NEC Australia team up for industry leading customer experience at the new Sydney Coliseum Theatre