The motherboard shows us everything once we remove the heat sinks, including the 32GB Optane module.
The VRM is in an 8+3 phase configuration, and it's pretty much identical to the VRM on the Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rather than that on motherboards lower down the food chain. The change is to add more chokes and that way one major heat source is reduced. The VRM on this motherboard uses Intersil's ISL95866 4+3 phase PWM controller.
It offers four phases for the CPU VCore, and on that rail, it has two integrated driver outputs and GIGABYTE adds two more drivers (ISL6625A) for a total of four driver outputs. These four driver outputs go to two sets of power stage components, resulting in eight phases. The On Semiconductor NTMFS4C06N is the low-side MOSFET, and the NTMFS4C10N is the high-side MOSFET for each of the power stages.
The VCCSA and VCCIO get their power from their one single phase VRMs. Each uses a Richtek RT8120D (single phase PWM with integrated driver) and two ON Semiconductor MOSFETs. The memory VRM also uses an RT8120, but a single phase made up of three On Semi 4C06N MOSFETs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Circuit Analysis]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 10 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]