Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake, SuperPI, and ScienceMark
Here we have more light and mixed-load benchmarks, and we see the CPUs bounce around. In Handbrake transcoding, we see the 2950X do surprisingly well. Handbrake uses AVX units as well, so Intel does have some lead, and the compute cores without memory access do take the 2990WX down a bit. We see Science Mark show how powerful the 2950X is, and the 2990WX keeps up, especially when we set memory to XMP (3200MHz) and enable PBOD. SuperPI is all about memory and single core performance, and the CPUs are exactly where we expect them.
We added one new benchmark, one that came out three days ago we discovered through Reddit, and one that you can run on your system. The new Blender Beta benchmark has a long version and a short one, and we picked the short one since the long one takes hours (and we didn't have enough time to run it). AMD does exceedingly well in this benchmark, but we currently aren't using it in our ratings (as it's very new), and it seems to only really care about core count like CINEBENCH (32>18>16>10).
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Threadripper Technologies]
- Page 3 [The CPU and Test Setup]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake, ScienceMark & More]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider & More]
- Page 8 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]