Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake, SuperPI, and ScienceMark
Here we have more light and mixed-load benchmarks, and we see the CPUs bounce around. In Handbrake transcoding, we see the 2950X do surprisingly well. Handbrake uses AVX units as well, so Intel does have some lead, and the compute cores without memory access do take the 2990WX down a bit. We see Science Mark show how powerful the 2950X is, and the 2990WX keeps up, especially when we set memory to XMP (3200MHz) and enable PBOD. SuperPI is all about memory and single core performance, and the CPUs are exactly where we expect them.
We added one new benchmark, one that came out three days ago we discovered through Reddit, and one that you can run on your system. The new Blender Beta benchmark has a long version and a short one, and we picked the short one since the long one takes hours (and we didn't have enough time to run it). AMD does exceedingly well in this benchmark, but we currently aren't using it in our ratings (as it's very new), and it seems to only really care about core count like CINEBENCH (32>18>16>10).
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX and 2950X retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Threadripper Technologies]
- Page 3 [The CPU and Test Setup]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake, ScienceMark & More]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider & More]
- Page 8 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Iron Harvest' reinvigorates the RTS genre, releases Sept 1st
- New historical turn-based strategy game 'Humankind' re-writes history
- Kerbal Space Program 2 announced for 2020, will have multiplayer
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition debuts on the Switch Oct 15
- Dota 2 tournament The International: biggest prize pool ever with $33M
- Rivet Networks: Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 Review
- z390 phantom gaming-itx/ac buzzing from mb
- ASUS ProArt PA34VC Review: Professional-Grade UltraWide Perfection
- Corsair HS35 Stereo Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director