Style: The motherboard has heat sinks over all its CPU VRMs, the chipset, and it has a stylish shield over the IO panel. The integrated IO panel is also a nice touch. The orange accents on the metal plating also add some sort of flair that many people might like. The default color of the LEDs is orange, and so their accents and the lights match, there is even a little-illuminated falcon on the rear IO panel as well. The motherboard also comes with RGBW, and digital RGB LED headers.
Dual BIOS: With two BIOS ROMs on the motherboard you have a redundant backup in case a BIOS flash goes awry. It will be a handy feature down the line when future CPUs will require a BIOS flash, as you will have an extra added layer of protection.
Audio and NIC: GIGABYTE kept the Intel NIC and audio HW at a very high level. No entry-level Realtek NIC or cut down Realtek audio solution. Instead, we find the i211AT Gbit NIC and Realtek ALC1220 audio codec with high-end capacitors at an entry-level price.
WIFI is 1x1: You do get Wireless AC, but it's Intel's 1x1 Wireless AC controller that maxes out at 433Mbps, which is less than 867Mbps.
The GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro WIFI is priced at around $119, which is a fair price, and while you get bling, there are some things you don't get. The voltages have to be set at an offset so expect a slightly longer overclocking experience where you will need to tinker a bit more, and it's advised that you direct airflow towards the VRM if you are going to overclock. Overall, many people don't care about overclocking or just won't overclock, and for those people this motherboard is perfect.
If you are looking for more overclocking capabilities, then you might want to buy one of those nice X470 motherboards, as they are better equipped. Feature-wise you get all the high-end features the platform has to offer, includes dual M.2 slots, WIFI, and USB 3.1. In the end, you get what you pay for, and in this case, you get a high-end looking motherboard for a very reasonable price.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: The GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI is a high-end looking motherboard with high-end features at a reasonable price.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro WIFI (AMD B450) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and B450 Aorus Pro WIFI Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro WIFI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro WIFI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA 5 yanked from NVIDIA's GeForce Now streaming service
- The Clone Wars season 7 coming February 2020 on Disney+
- The Mandalorian's new trailer is like a Star Wars western
- Obi-Wan show confirmed for Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Spears return to Elder Scrolls in new Morrowind remaster mod Skywind
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best