Packaging and Overview
That box shot shows off the brushed steel look embedded within the box art. Packaging is top notch; the motherboard is well protected inside a foam motherboard tray.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s, SLI HB Bridge, WIFI antenna, IO shield, case badge, postcard, driver DVD, and manual.
ASRock put in five fan headers and has renamed four out of the five headers as /WP headers, which means they also double as water pump headers. The headers with /WP offer up to 2A of current, while the one header circled in blue is rated for 1A. All the headers circled in red can operate as PWM or DC mode headers, but the header in blue is PWM by default as it's meant for a CPU fan. The motherboard offers a sleeker aesthetic appeal, with a unique PCH heat sink and shields over the audio and IO panel. The rear of the motherboard isn't bare of ICs but has a few.
The rear IO panel features clear CMOS button, WIFI antenna outputs, PS/2 keyboard/mouse, six USB 3.0 ports (ports 5 and 6 offer Ultra USB Power), USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, 1Gbit LAN (red), HDMI, and 7.1 gold-plated audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout is simple; the top two x16 slots operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8 PCI-E 3.0 from the CPU. The PCI-E 2.0 x1 slots are linked to the PCH through a hub (which also provides for the WIFI/SATA). The last x16 slot is electrically x4 PCI-E 2.0 and shares all its bandwidth with the second M.2 slot. The top M.2 slot offers an x4 PCI-E 3.0 link and provides a heat sink.
The bottom M.2 slot shares x4 PCI-E 2.0 with the last PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot. There are two extra SATA6Gb/s ports from an ASMedia chip, with the other six coming from the chipset. There is also a USB 3.0 internal header at a right angle near the SATA ports.
Right below the 24-pin power connector is a USB 3.0 internal header and a USB 3.1 type-C header. At the top right of the motherboard, we find the 8-pin CPU power header and a 4-pin power header for extra power.
At the bottom right corner of the motherboard is the POST code display and front panel headers. There are two USB 2.0 internal headers at the bottom of the motherboard as well as more front panel headers. There is also an RGB LED header and an addressable RGB LED header.
Heatsinks are all screwed down onto the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock X470 Taichi (AMD X470) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock X470 Taichi (AMD X470) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X470 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X470 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X470 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Metro 2033 movie begins filming in 2020, due out by 2022
- Kerbal Space Program 2 isn't Epic Store exclusive, won't be monetized
- PS5 devkit won't be final design, devkits always look quite different
- These Gamescom 2019 Cyberpunk 2077 4K screenshots are simply gorgeous
- 'Hades' will soon make its way to Steam after Epic Store exclusivity
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best