VRM: The VRM on this motherboard is extremely well equipped for overclocking all Ryzen AM4 processors to their maximum. The inclusion of NexFETs and 60A inductors with a digital PWM control scheme results in an excellent VRM.
POST-Code Display: While ASRock removed some physical OC features such as power and reset buttons, they did leave the POST code display, which is one of the handiest tools one can have for diagnosing problems.
Ready for the future: We find dual M.2 slots, and the top one has a heat sink and is rated for x4 PCI-E 3.0. We also find rear and internal USB 3.1 (10Gb/s) ports, so your future devices will be supported. The motherboard also features a 256Mbit BIOS ROM so that the BIOS can be improved/expanded in the future.
WIFI: The WIFI card is rated 1x1 for 433Mbps, but most other X470 motherboards offer 867Mbps or even higher.
The ASRock X470 Taichi is $60 less expensive than the Taichi Ultimate, and you only lose a few features, but one of those is a 10Gbit NIC. The inclusion of a 10Gbit NIC might be very important for some, but for others, it's a feature they might never make use of. If you look at a refresh cycle of an enthusiast, now might or might not be the right time for you to require a 10Gbit NIC.
Now that WIFI speeds are exceeding that of a 1Gbit wired port, we are going to see more routers and switches come out with higher speed NICs that a 10Gbit NIC could take advantage of. However, that is not a certainty for all, and if you want a Taichi but don't need the high-end NIC, then stick with this model.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||92%|
The Bottom Line: The ASRock X470 Taichi keeps levels of quality and features alive and well and is a great representation of its namesakes' reputation.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock X470 Taichi (AMD X470) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock X470 Taichi (AMD X470) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X470 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X470 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X470 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros cancer patient thanks community for Ultimate demo
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- IDTechEx Research Releases New Report on Drones 2018-2038: Components, Technologies, Roadmaps, Market Forecasts
- SOC Telemed Announces Partnership with Sound Physicians
- Star Sky 3, the final installment of the popular series just released today on Steam!
- Das Boot VR will release on Hologate this fall
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village is coming today to mobile!