VRM: The VRM on this motherboard is extremely well equipped for overclocking all Ryzen AM4 processors to their maximum. The inclusion of NexFETs and 60A inductors with a digital PWM control scheme results in an excellent VRM.
POST-Code Display: While ASRock removed some physical OC features such as power and reset buttons, they did leave the POST code display, which is one of the handiest tools one can have for diagnosing problems.
Ready for the future: We find dual M.2 slots, and the top one has a heat sink and is rated for x4 PCI-E 3.0. We also find rear and internal USB 3.1 (10Gb/s) ports, so your future devices will be supported. The motherboard also features a 256Mbit BIOS ROM so that the BIOS can be improved/expanded in the future.
WIFI: The WIFI card is rated 1x1 for 433Mbps, but most other X470 motherboards offer 867Mbps or even higher.
The ASRock X470 Taichi is $60 less expensive than the Taichi Ultimate, and you only lose a few features, but one of those is a 10Gbit NIC. The inclusion of a 10Gbit NIC might be very important for some, but for others, it's a feature they might never make use of. If you look at a refresh cycle of an enthusiast, now might or might not be the right time for you to require a 10Gbit NIC.
Now that WIFI speeds are exceeding that of a 1Gbit wired port, we are going to see more routers and switches come out with higher speed NICs that a 10Gbit NIC could take advantage of. However, that is not a certainty for all, and if you want a Taichi but don't need the high-end NIC, then stick with this model.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||92%|
The Bottom Line: The ASRock X470 Taichi keeps levels of quality and features alive and well and is a great representation of its namesakes' reputation.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock X470 Taichi (AMD X470) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock X470 Taichi (AMD X470) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X470 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X470 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X470 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Someone threatened to bomb Infinity Ward's offices
- Jagex making new Runescape RPG
- Metro Exodus finalized, release date moved up
- ZeniMax and Facebook settle VR lawsuit
- RED Digital Cinema teams with NVIDIA for 8K movie editing
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Asrock Z390 Taichi Driver Tipps
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender