X470 Gaming M7 AC Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio section uses the Realtek ALC1220 and uses an amplifier, the Texas Instruments OPA1652 to add amplification to the front panel output as the rear output uses the integrated amplifier in the ALC1220. We find a bunch of Gold series audio capacitors as well as physical PCB division used to improve audio quality.
The Killer e2500 us used for the 1Gbit NIC, and Wireless AC is provided by the Intel 8265NGW card.
An ASMedia ASM1143 is used for internal USB 3.1. The rear IO utilizes two ASMedia ASM1562 re-drivers for the integrated USB 3.1, and an ASM1543 for the type-C switch and CC logic chip.
We find an ASMedia ASM1543 used for the internal type-C header. A nuvoton NCT5605Y is used along with other Nuvoton chips to expand fan control. The chip labeled "104GFA" is a microcontroller used to produce the addressable RGB LED features found on the motherboard.
We find two clock generators on the motherboard, the ICS 9DB433AGLF, which seems to reinforce the base clock at 100MHz, and the 9FGL1216AGLF, which seems to increase reference clock overclocking capabilities.
The motherboard uses a single 128Mbit BIOS ROM, but it also offers USB BIOS recovery, which seems to be made possible through the chip labeled "504N". The main SuperIO on the motherboard is the NuvoTon NCT6795D, and it provides PS/2, system monitoring, and fan control.
We find multiple ASMedia ASM1480 PCI-E quick switches that move around PCI-E bandwidth.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X470 Gaming M7 AC Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 25-years of DOOM celebrated with DOOM update for Switch
- Peter Jackson could help Amazon's Lord Of The Rings TV show
- Stardew Valley on Switch receives Multiplayer Update Dec 12
- Smash Bros. Ultimate director discusses 3rd-party characters
- Smash Bros. UItimate is fastest-selling Switch game so far
- How To use Cerisea Medica Pain Relief ?
- AORUS LED i2c control?
- SMG Studio Unpacks Chaotic Cooperative Moving Simulator
- Digital Extremes' Warframe Brings Good Karma And Fortuna To PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Today
- Capcom Announces Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Expansion For Acclaimed, Record-Breaking Action RPG Coming Autumn 2019
- White Box Vendors Losing Share in 100 GE Data Center Switching Market During 2018, According to Dell'Oro Group
- LSAC Announces Technology Collaboration with Microsoft