Packaging and Overview
The box and motherboard pretty and protect the motherboard and accessories well.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s, SLI HB Bridge, WIFI antenna, RGB y-splitter extension cable, 4-to-3 pin digital RGB converter cable, M.2 screws, JCORSAIR extension cable, case badge, SATA stickers, driver DVD, and manuals.
MSI put in six fan headers, all of them are capable of either PWM or DC operation mode. The CPU fan header circled in green will auto detect what type of fan and will change its mode accordingly. The header circled in red is by default in PWM mode, while the four headers circled in blue are in DC mode by default. The motherboard has sleek aesthetics and offers something different than what everything else on the market has to offer. Its M.2 heat sink is quite unique. The back of the motherboard has some warnings about standoffs, which would be there if you used a case designed for a server.
The rear IO panel features clear CMOS button, BIOS flash button, WIFI antenna outputs, PS/2 keyboard/mouse, two USB 2.0 ports, four USB 3.0 ports, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, 1Gbit LAN, and 7.1 gold-plated audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout is simple. The top two x16 slots operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8. The bottom PCI-E slot is rated at x4 PCI-E 2.0 from the chipset and shares all of its bandwidth with the bottom M.2 slot, so it's also limited to x4 PCI-E 2.0. The top M.2 slot is rated x4 PCI-E 3.0. Both slots support SATA based drives, and both are cooled down by the integrated M.2 heat sink that opens up and uses hinges.
The six SATA6Gb/s ports are connected to the chipset, and we find one right angled USB 3.0 internal header. Another USB 3.0 internal header and a USB 3.1 type-C internal header can be found at the bottom of the motherboard along with two USB 2.0 internal headers.
At the bottom right corner of the motherboard, we find the POST code display, the auto-OC knob, an addressable RGB LED header, as well as power and reset buttons. We find two 8-pin CPU power plugs at the top of the motherboard.
The JCORSAIR header is an addressable RGB LED header designed for use specifically with Corsair products. The motherboard also offers a normal RGB LED header.
If the POST code display is too difficult to understand (I am being facetious), then you can utilize the EZ Debug LEDs located right above the 24-pin motherboard power connector. The heat sinks are all screwed into the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard retails for $ at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X470 Gaming M7 AC Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bungie: Activision let us do awesome things with Destiny
- Disney+ includes free 4K streaming, supports 4 simultaneous streams
- Bandai Namco: Epic Store exclusivity isn't our vision
- El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie announced, drops October 11 on Netflix
- The best destruction physics in a game EVER, also features ray tracing
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best