The motherboard is hiding a lot under its heat sinks.
On more recent high-end X299 motherboards most everyone is using Intersil's brand new ISL99227, as they seem to be better for this platform than traditional IR alternatives. The 60A Smart Power Stages offer an exposed metal top that greatly improves their cooling. Here we find them in a 12 phase configuration. These new power stages are brand new and offer per phase temperature and current monitoring, which helps both monitoring and internal protection. The new PWM controller, the Intersil ISL69138 is used in a 6+1 phase configuration here. The first six phases are doubled to 12 by six ISL6617 phase doublers. Each phase here uses a 71A inductor, which is solid for the 60A power stages.
An Intersil ISL99140 takes the last phase from the main PWM controller and is used for the VCCSA voltage; it's a DrMOS rated for 40A. The VCCIO uses an IR35204 PWM controller with a 60A IR3556 PowIRstage integrated power stage.
Each set of two DIMMs gets their own 60A Intersil ISL99227 60A Smart Power Stage and ISL69133 PWM controller. The DDR4 VPP come from a 9A IR3899, which is a single phase PWM and power stage integrated into a small package.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Dark Overview]
- Page 3 [EVGA X299 Dark Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [EVGA X299 Dark Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- Choosing a VPN for gaming: Here's what you need to know
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director