The motherboard is hiding a lot under its heat sinks.
On more recent high-end X299 motherboards most everyone is using Intersil's brand new ISL99227, as they seem to be better for this platform than traditional IR alternatives. The 60A Smart Power Stages offer an exposed metal top that greatly improves their cooling. Here we find them in a 12 phase configuration. These new power stages are brand new and offer per phase temperature and current monitoring, which helps both monitoring and internal protection. The new PWM controller, the Intersil ISL69138 is used in a 6+1 phase configuration here. The first six phases are doubled to 12 by six ISL6617 phase doublers. Each phase here uses a 71A inductor, which is solid for the 60A power stages.
An Intersil ISL99140 takes the last phase from the main PWM controller and is used for the VCCSA voltage; it's a DrMOS rated for 40A. The VCCIO uses an IR35204 PWM controller with a 60A IR3556 PowIRstage integrated power stage.
Each set of two DIMMs gets their own 60A Intersil ISL99227 60A Smart Power Stage and ISL69133 PWM controller. The DDR4 VPP come from a 9A IR3899, which is a single phase PWM and power stage integrated into a small package.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EVGA X299 Dark (Intel X299) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Dark Overview]
- Page 3 [EVGA X299 Dark Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [EVGA X299 Dark Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit