Our results here had to be investigated, and we found that the 10W difference is mainly due to differences in the VRM of the motherboard used to test either CPU. That 109W number is very close to the TDP rating, so at least there is no power cheating going on here.
Now, in the past, we have found that when the maximum single-core Turbo is randomly assigned to a core instead of statically (as in statically assigned CPU cores), that all cores can operate at the maximum at the same time. So if an 8700K can hit 4.7GHz on a single core, then all 8700Ks that we test can hit 4.7GHz with all cores at the same time. In fact, that's what multi-core enhancement does.
In this case, that should be 5GHz on all cores with low voltages, and we were able to achieve 5GHz on all cores with 1.25v. However, we wanted to go higher, and we were able to get 5.1GHz all cores with 1.3v, and without going into throttle range. We were able to boot into Windows at 5.2GHz, but the CPU could not pass out AVX based HandBrake stability testing. With better cooling, it should be possible to stabilize this CPU at 5.2Ghz, and with an easy de-lid, we see this CPU hitting 5.3GHz, or maybe even 5.4GHz.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel Core i7-8086K Coffee Lake retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Intel Core i7-8086K Coffee Lake retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 Pro for $12 and Rise of the Tomb Raider for $8.54
- PUBG's new update includes ranking system and SO MUCH MORE
- Rocket League flies past 50 million players
- Fortnite now has an insane 78 million monthly players
- Devil May Cry 5 won't require high-end GPU
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Fish'n'Grow 'Sailor Cats' now available on iOS and Android
- Deemo Coming to Nintendo Switch This Winter, With Nintendo Labo Piano Support
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat