Accessories and Documentation
Here we have the majority of the hardware offered with the Chromaflow 240. The bag on the left has the mounting studs, thumbscrews, washers, and also the LGA2011/2066 studs. The other pair of bags deliver the fan screws, where each has a set of four short and four long screws. At the bottom, we see the supplied tube of ID-TG05 paste, and we also have the Y-splitter to power both fans from a single motherboard header.
When it comes to mounting the Chromaflow 240, ID-Cooling offers a single backplate for all socket types. It has holes for both AMD and Intel, the center is cut to go on the back of a motherboard in only one direction, and the corners have dense rubber on them to isolate the steel plate from the back of the motherboard. On either side are the AMD mounting brackets, and each of them has four holes. It is done so to provide mounting for earlier AMD sockets as well as AM4.
For those who want to use the Chromaflow 240, but may not have an RGB header on the motherboard to control it, ID-Cooling provides an answer. Using the remote on the right for control of the lighting, and by plugging in the SATA power to RGB 4-pin header cable, you can connect the cable on the left to also control the lighting. The cable on the left can also be used attached to the motherboard, which splits the four pins to four headers, although only three are needed for the Chromaflow.
The fans included are black to match the rest of the cooler, and both fans have rubber pads on the corners to remove vibrations. In the center is a hub with the ID-Cooling logo, with nine blades surrounding it. The white ring around the frames is what will illuminate, and there is even a pair of exposed sections on the sides of the fans too.
ID-Cooling also includes a manual to ensure even the most novice builder can get this cooler mounted and running in roughly ten to fifteen minutes. Everything from a parts list to step-by-step instructions for both AMD and Intel makes certain the right parts are used and placed correctly as not to run into issues as you progress.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [ID-Cooling Chromaflow 240 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Disney+ includes free 4K streaming, supports 4 simultaneous streams
- Bandai Namco: Epic Store exclusivity isn't our vision
- El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie announced, drops October 11 on Netflix
- The best destruction physics in a game EVER, also features ray tracing
- NASA investigating first SPACE CRIME, as astronaut is naughty on ISS
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best