ID-Cooling Chromaflow 240 CPU Cooler
The head unit has the ID-Cooling logo in the center of the top cover and is surrounded by a ring which is also LED backlit. The universal Intel brackets come installed on the head unit, and we can also see a QC sticker applied to the side which indicates it has been tested and passed.
On the right side of the head unit is where the ninety-degree fittings are found that take the coolant to the radiator and them back to the head unit. Out of the top side of it, we see a pair of leads coming from it, which are for power and RGB LED control.
Under the head unit, we find a machined copper plate which transfers heat from the CPU to the coolant inside of the loop. The base is slightly convex, more so near the edges, but with pressure from mounting is better than a level surface. As for the hardware attached to it, there are four Phillips screws used, which is what is also used to mount the AMD hardware.
At the top is a 4-pin RGB connection which is intended to plug into a motherboard, but can also be connected with optional goodies, which can be controlled with an included remote. The SATA connection is to power the pump inside of the head unit. Think about that for a moment. This means that there is no way to check RPMs, and this means no way to verify speed, or to check to see if the pump is in motion or dead in the water.
Measuring from the base of the angled fittings on the head unit to the connections on the radiator, we find thirteen inches of tubing. Some coolers offer less, but the trend as of late from the bigger names in AIO cooling is to provide fifteen inches to make optional radiator locations and radiator orientations easier to accomplish.
As for the radiator, there are holes on both sides so that 120mm fans can be installed as push or pull fans depending on how you want to install this AIO. If you want to, another pair of fans can be purchased, so that you can have push-pull, and even more lighting too. The fin density is high but is the same as many other AIOs on the market.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [ID-Cooling Chromaflow 240 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Joker director hints at sequel 'I would do anything with Joaquin'
- GameStop lays off 120 staff members, 14% off total staff eliminated
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord sticks a landing on Steam, March 2020
- The One Punch Man game forces players to stall until Saitama arrives
- World's first real-world quantum network built with brand new protocol
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Yubico Launches the World's First Lightning-Compatible Security Key, the YubiKey 5Ci
- Monkey King: Hero Is Back Pre-Orders Now Open on Steam
- Lionsgate and Bloober Team Release New Blair Witch 'Insanity' Story Trailer
- PINBRAWLER CREATURE IN THE WELL PRE-ORDERS NOW LIVE GAME LAUNCHES SEPTEMBER 6
- NEW DATING SIM GAME ANNOUNCED: NOW WITH 100% MORE DOGS You'll want to get your paws on this one On Valentine's Day, 2020