ATI's new Radeon X1900XT is probably what the X1800XT should have been - it would have been nice to have this card a few months earlier but we didn't. For people who want a new PCI Express graphics card, this is the card to get right now. It's cheaper then a 512MB GeForce 7800GTX and performance should be similar to higher in places.
GeCube as always have a lighter bundle but this helps keep the price lower with other competitors and give GeCube the edge over the other brands.
The best thing about the X1900XT and XTX is that it's available now which is exactly what we want because ATI really did cop a lot of flack over their past few paper launches. The best thing nVidia did was launch the 7800GTX aggressively because this has set the new trend for high end cards.
We should see Crossfire X1900 in the coming month and the new ATI motherboard in a similar time. Things are looking on the up and up for ATI but we do not doubt that nVidia are going to be aggressive with the GeForce 7900 (G71) at CeBIT in March.
It's looking good for gamers and high end LCD owners as you will find yourselves playing those games at 1920 x 1200 with AA and AF cracked up now!
AA and AF 1600 x 1200 performance
High resolution gaming
Same dimensions as X1800XT
Aggressive GeCube pricing
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup 3DMark03]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic Games teams with Funko for Fortnite Pop! figurines
- Samsung's next-gen foldable smartphone to launch early 2019
- Microsoft teases 'all-new Xbox hardware' at Gamescom 2018
- TSMC expecting Q4 2018 growth from next-gen GPUs from NVIDIA
- Borderlands 3 may still be a ways off
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit