The K68 RGB is a substantial step up and beyond what the original K68 offered. The feel is the same, most of the features are the same, but the things Corsair changed with the latest K68 RGB is well worth the investment. Two of the deciding factors are the RGB LED lighting, which is a massive bonus to us, and secondly is the use of iCUE software. The former allows any user to pick from many predefined lighting modes, or set things up in a completely customized display. The latter delivers ease of control, much more intuitive interfacing, and the ability to have all of your Corsair products controlled in a single location. The use of Cherry MX Red switches as the only option may limit who will buy this keyboard, but from what we read online and seeing what people like to use for gaming, we feel they played their cards right. The vast majority of potential customers will be more than happy buying the K68 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard, and we even see enough changes to warrant a move from the K68 as well.
Whether your thing is to game all hours of the day and night, or if you spend the majority of the day typing away on a keyboard as we do, you will not be disappointed in either aspect. With games, you have NKRO, which means not a single key press is missed, and anti-ghosting to back it, so you can press as many keys at once as your hands can accomplish. On top of that, you can customize profiles for each game, set the keyboard to display differently on each profile, add Macros, or even remap the keyboard. All of this leads to a more user-friendly gaming experience, which will have you appreciating the K68 RGB more and more as you go. For the typist, this may not be the first choice to use, but there is not a single reason we would advise against the use of this keyboard. Even for those in the office, who cannot stand to use a rubber dome keyboard, the lack of clicks on the press of each key is something many co-workers won't harp about, where tactile switches are typically not allowed in such an environment.
At just $118.79 we feel you get a tremendous amount of bang for the buck. It is hard to deny Corsair in any way when they offer what they do in the K68 RGB. Everything you have seen from us today all bodes well for this product, and if shopping comparatively, many other solutions with similar specifications and feature sets will cost you well over $150. What it all boils down to is what you want from your keyboard. If you like having the option of any color possible, prefer quieter switches, want the ability to customize nearly every detail of the feature set, and be assured that you aren't missing a single key press, then this is the perfect keyboard for you. In our opinion, with everything you get, including a palm rest and the spill-resistance, this might be the ideal solution for any keyboard user's needs.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||98%|
The Bottom Line: While it does not come with a metal top, the K68 RGB hits the nail on the head with everything else it offers. Fully customizable, affordable, inclusion of iCUE software, and a pleasure it has been to point to why we have given the K68 RGB such high marks!
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair K68 RGB Gaming Keyboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair K68 RGB Gaming Keyboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Corsair K68 RGB Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the K68 RGB]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Witcher 4 may be CD Projekt RED's next game
- Strong sales cement Anthem in EA's playbook
- Ocarina of Time Online brings co-op to Hyrule
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Getting SSD to boot
- Seagate Game Drive PS4 2TB Review
- GA-X99-UD5 rev 1.0 power ON issue
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today