Page 11[What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
This is where you can fast forward to the final section of the review, and get a quick recap and points on the Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600.
$30 Cheaper than "X" Series: You are basically saving $30 on each SKU compared to the "X" counterpart, and for many that will make sense if you need to shave $30 off your build and want the cores. You can easily get to the level of their "X" counterpart through overclocking, and that's a good thing for tinkers.
Overclocking : Both of the CPUs are fully unlocked and capable of being overclocked close to the levels of their "X" predecessors. AMD kept the solder TIM as well, so you will be able to cool them efficiently.
Cores and Threads: You get 6-cores and 8-cores in the same price range where Intel's offerings only offer 6-cores and many times without HyperThreading. AMD is still the core leader.
Included Cooler: Many of Intel's "K-SKUs" that Intel provides don't come with stock coolers, and these CPUs do. The coolers are decent for a mild overclock as well. The RGB LED ring around the Wraith Spire is a nice touch for the Ryzen 7 2700.
Base and Boost Frequency: It's obvious what is holding back these two CPUs; operating frequency isn't that high. Perhaps this is to separate the "X" SKUs and provide some incentive to go in that direction, but you can always overclock the CPUs.
While we were super excited and impressed by the 2600X and 2700X, we found the 2600 and 2700 slightly less impressive, but still excellent values. For $30 more you are just paying AMD for a slight frequency boost, something you can do for free. While most might say that not everyone overclocks, with Ryzen it's pretty significant, so you get that increased Infinity Fabric speed.
While people are in their UEFIs setting XMP to enabled, we highly recommend turning your CPU core frequency up to around 38x on all cores and see what happens. If you are afraid of going into the UEFI, then just use AMD's Ryzen Master software, which provides easy to use controls and can be used within Windows 10. If you are looking for a CPU with excellent price-to-performance value, and you like to tinker, then give the Ryzen 5 2600 and Ryzen 7 2700 a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||90%|
The Bottom Line: If you are looking to save a few dollars, like to tinker, and need cores then the Ryzen 5 2600 and Ryzen 7 2700 are excellent options for you.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPUs and Coolers]
- Page 3 [Test Setup]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake & MoreI]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider & More]
- Page 8 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new MEG 390 GODLIKE motherboard leaked, looks awesome
- Death Stranding's bizarre new trailer is darkly enchanting
- Square Enix to double down on service games
- Nintendo 64 Classic Edition likely on the way
- Anthem's early play trials are paygated
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games