The CPUs and Coolers
The boxes are exactly the same as first generation Ryzen and the 2xxxX series processors.
We also find the same high-end packaging that separates the CPU and cooler sections.
The cooler for the 8-core CPU is taller than that of the 2600, and it has an RGB LED ring.
The cooler that comes with the 2700 has a copper core. Both coolers require you to remove the included brackets that come with AM4 motherboards.
CPU packaging is the same as pretty much every single Ryzen 3, 5, or 7 processor.
The tops of the CPUs are very similar to what we have seen before, and the CPUs use solder between the die and the heat spreader.
We find those lovely gold pins on both CPUs' undersides.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPUs and Coolers]
- Page 3 [Test Setup]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake & MoreI]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider & More]
- Page 8 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]