Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
CrystalDiskMark is disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy. Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at QD4. When evaluating CDM results, we focus on 4K random performance at QD1 and QD4.
CDM is showing us exactly what we saw with Anvil's. 256Gbit flash has a significant advantage over 512Gbit flash when reading random data.
When writing random data, there is no significant difference between the 1TB and 2TB 970 EVO. We see a nice performance boost over the 960 EVO. SanDisk's write-centric Extreme Pro easily wins this test.
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.8.5611.39791
AS SSD determines the performance of SSDs. The tool contains four synthetic as well as three practice tests. The synthetic tests are to determine the sequential and random read and write performance of the SSD. We evaluate AS SSD performance in terms of overall score. We are looking for a minimum score of 2,000 when evaluating NVMe SSDs.
AS SSD is a demanding test and the 2TB 970 EVO performs quite well, just not as well as the 1TB model. Keep in mind that this is our system disk and it is 75% full. By this point we can see that current 512Gbit flash has a performance disadvantage in comparison to 256Gbit flash when running synthetic benchmarks. Let's see how that translates when running workloads.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System & Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benches (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & SYSmark 2014 SE]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks 70/30 Mixed Workload & Sustained Seq. Write]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros cancer patient thanks community for Ultimate demo
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- IDTechEx Research Releases New Report on Drones 2018-2038: Components, Technologies, Roadmaps, Market Forecasts
- SOC Telemed Announces Partnership with Sound Physicians
- Star Sky 3, the final installment of the popular series just released today on Steam!
- Das Boot VR will release on Hologate this fall
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village is coming today to mobile!