Inside the MX Board 5.0
While at first, the keycaps may look pretty standard, but there are two things to note here. First is that the keycaps are double shot, not painted like most other keyboards. On top of that, the caps are made of PBT instead of ABS plastic. The former adds a wear layer so that over time, the legends do not wear off the keys. The latter means the switches are more robust and less susceptible to things like scratches or the texture wearing smooth.
Under the keycaps, each of the switches found and Cherry MX Red. This means linear feel to them, the light force needed to compress them to actuation, and with a fifty-million click lifespan, should be around for quite some time. Each switch is LED backlit, and for the longer keycaps, the torsion bar is enclosed, and dummy switches are used to support them.
The frame is made of two parts. The lower section in the back is deep but has ridges horizontally and vertically to fully support the steel plate and PCB without movement or vibrations. The top part is open for the keycaps, but we also noticed the silver trim is screwed onto it, and custom painting or use of vinyl comes to mind.
The PCB is one of the cleanest we have ever seen. The solder points are smooth, and not a single joint does not look as nice as these. Secondly, we see absolutely no remains of flux on the red PCB. Sadly, the MCU is on the side of the PCB with all of the switches, so obtaining a view is impeded.
With power applied to it, the Cherry MX Board 5.0 glows with white LED lighting. The intensity is hindered by the lights, but we are in the brightest mode. We also like that the lock indicators are white to match, yet the Windows lock-out keys use is indicated with a red LED right above the cherry key that enables it.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 and Intel AC 9260 WiFi card
- Areca ARC-8050U3 USB-C RAID DAS Review
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- G-Technology GDrive Pro SSD 3.84TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- HyperX Savage EXO Portable SSD Review
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire