Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation
The packaging for the MX Board 5.0 comes with a thin outer layer of cardboard to present information, and we can see it is not in the best of shape. The front panel offers the Cherry name and logo on the left side, and to the right is the MX Board 5.0 name followed by notations of the high-speed MX switches, and that it is designed in Germany.
On the right end of the box, we see two stickers. The white label not only shows the date code, serial number, and part number, but it also states that this Cherry MX Board 5.0 has the US International layout. The red sticker not only addressed the MX Mechanical Gold-X-Point Technology used to build the switches but also states the red linear switches require 45 centinewtons of force to actuate.
Along the top edge, we find many languages covering the various features. Cherry points to the ergonomics and palm rest as one, and we see the switch technology again. Latency is kept low; there is NKRO support, 100% anti-ghosting, dimmable backlighting, double shot PBT keycaps, and elegant logo application to the keyboard.
Rather than to put stickers on both ends of the box, the Cherry name and fruit logo are presented in red letters, while in the white text we are given the MX Board 5.0.
The back of the box is the first look you get of the MX Board 5.0 and wrist rest, as it would look on your desk. The name of the product is to the right with HS and MX notations again, and with the company information, compliances, and legal information, we also find the system requirements and package contents at the bottom-right corner.
Inside of the sleeve is this bright red cardboard box, which protects the keyboard from damage. The box is dual-layered, and the inner box is folded at the back to allow room to hide the cable as well as tightening the space for the keyboard. As for the keyboard, it is wrapped in plastic to keep dust out, and to protect any of the finishes applied. The MX Board 5.0 is a bit dusty but in perfect condition.
With the inner box removed, you will find two things under the keyboard. First is the manual. Inside of this, there are connectivity instructions as well as usage instructions. This includes pointing out what the secondary functions are, and how to employ them, as well as covering five languages to help serve their market better.
The second thing found under the keyboard is the oversized wrist rest. The top is padded and rubberized and also sports the MX logo on the right end of it. It attaches magnetically to the front of the keyboard, and also offers feet to lift the wrist rest to match the raised height of the back feet of the keyboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- G-Technology GDrive Pro SSD 3.84TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- HyperX Savage EXO Portable SSD Review
- AM1H-ITX will not turn on what do I do next?
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire