The Clutch 2 is designed for the relaxed grip and claw grip gamers out there, and even with various hand sizes to accommodate, the layout is on point enough to be able to say that we do not feel that hand size matters much with this mouse. The shape is ergonomic and comfortable for hours of use, and even though the side grip is tough to feel under your thumb and fingers, it works wet or dry. There was never a time where we lost our grip on the Clutch 2. The scroll wheel is stiffer than most, which ensures weapon selection is accurate, and the placement of the profile button is such that accidental pressing of it is of no concern.
Not only was the exterior redesigned to improve its feel, but the components also play a big part in things too. Upgrading the sensor is the most obvious improvement inside, but it's not the only important one. The PixArt 3360 is a terrific starting point, but the MCU used ensures that everything seen by the sensor and all clicks on the mouse gets to the PC with as low a latency as they can muster, making for a zero-lag experience. Fifty million clicks of the main buttons are a whole lot of clicks and should enable the Clutch 2 to outlive its two-year warranty. The secondary switches, while not as well known, have the same feel, which delivered a unified feeling when in use. Let's be blunt about the Clutch 2. From every angle, in all aspects of design and layout, even the most discerning gamer would be hard-pressed to find fault with this product, and given enough time to use it, would likely swap to this from just about any mouse they currently own.
In all that we were given, everything we covered about the Clutch 2, and all the love we have shown for this product thus far, there is still one more fantastic thing to add. The fact that you will not have to fork out fistfuls of money to get one is undoubtedly appealing too. No matter which side of the pond you are on, you only need 59.99 to get the Clutch 2 into your hands. While most times we see packaging filled with marketing hype and fluff, we do have to concede that Fnatic did not oversell the Clutch 2 in any way.
Our gaming did improve, and we got better for sure. Our daily grind was also cut down with the optional programming of a second profile for image editing and such too. All in all, the Clutch 2 Optical Gaming Mouse from Fanatic Gear is one of the best mice we have had the pleasure to use. If we were in the market for a new gaming partner to go under our right hand, the Fnatic Gear Clutch 2 is more than deserving of contention to likely be the best thing you do for gaming if you are looking to level up your performance, accuracy, and kills.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||99%|
The Bottom Line: The Clutch 2 from Fnatic Gear is simply amazing. It is comfortable, it is smooth and accurate, it is built tough, and does the job it is intended for. With a low price point and the ability to make you a better gamer, how can you go wrong?
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Fnatic Gear Clutch 2 Optical Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Fnatic Gear Clutch 2 Optical Gaming Mouse retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Fnatic Gear Clutch 2 Optical Gaming mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Clutch 2]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- The PC game store wars begin
- G-Technology GDrive Pro SSD 3.84TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- HyperX Savage EXO Portable SSD Review
- AM1H-ITX will not turn on what do I do next?
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire