Inside the Clutch 2
Once we opened up the Clutch 2, we saw many other design changes as well. Not just in the color of plastic used, but the top half of the mouse is new on the interior, and the layout below is cleaner and more compact than the original.
Both of the primary switches are blue Omron switches. These are clicky switches which require a firm press to activate, and if you look at the left, you can see the D2FC-F-K(50K) part number for them.
Backing the pair of side buttons are these iB blue switches. While the buttons have a springy feel to them when pressed, the switch actuation is similar to the Omron switches. They require a firm press to activate them and have a report of a click once the switch is fully pressed.
The sensor has been upgraded from the 5000 CPI ADNS3310 to this PixArt PMW3360 optical sensor. Not only does it have a higher resolution and increased tracking functionality, but it also delivers the user 12,000 CPI of range to find the perfect setting.
The MCU is updated as well, in favor of this NXP Semiconductors LPC11U37F/501. The processor is from the ARM Cortex-M0 family, it is 32-bit, and operates and 50MHz. In what features are offered, and in what can be done with software, this is way more processor than this mouse needs, but overkill is good too.
With the Clutch 2 back in one piece, and currently plugged in, we see that not only is the logo on the left side illuminated orange, so is the center section of the scroll wheel. The color of LED can be changed; we opted for orange to match the theme. We also see a single LED in the body line, above the side buttons. This is one of three LEDs which denote which profile is in use.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Fnatic Gear Clutch 2 Optical Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Fnatic Gear Clutch 2 Optical Gaming Mouse retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Fnatic Gear Clutch 2 Optical Gaming mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Clutch 2]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced