Inside the Clutch 2
Once we opened up the Clutch 2, we saw many other design changes as well. Not just in the color of plastic used, but the top half of the mouse is new on the interior, and the layout below is cleaner and more compact than the original.
Both of the primary switches are blue Omron switches. These are clicky switches which require a firm press to activate, and if you look at the left, you can see the D2FC-F-K(50K) part number for them.
Backing the pair of side buttons are these iB blue switches. While the buttons have a springy feel to them when pressed, the switch actuation is similar to the Omron switches. They require a firm press to activate them and have a report of a click once the switch is fully pressed.
The sensor has been upgraded from the 5000 CPI ADNS3310 to this PixArt PMW3360 optical sensor. Not only does it have a higher resolution and increased tracking functionality, but it also delivers the user 12,000 CPI of range to find the perfect setting.
The MCU is updated as well, in favor of this NXP Semiconductors LPC11U37F/501. The processor is from the ARM Cortex-M0 family, it is 32-bit, and operates and 50MHz. In what features are offered, and in what can be done with software, this is way more processor than this mouse needs, but overkill is good too.
With the Clutch 2 back in one piece, and currently plugged in, we see that not only is the logo on the left side illuminated orange, so is the center section of the scroll wheel. The color of LED can be changed; we opted for orange to match the theme. We also see a single LED in the body line, above the side buttons. This is one of three LEDs which denote which profile is in use.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Fnatic Gear Clutch 2 Optical Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Fnatic Gear Clutch 2 Optical Gaming Mouse retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Fnatic Gear Clutch 2 Optical Gaming mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Clutch 2]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new MEG 390 GODLIKE motherboard leaked, looks awesome
- Death Stranding's bizarre new trailer is darkly enchanting
- Square Enix to double down on service games
- Nintendo 64 Classic Edition likely on the way
- Anthem's early play trials are paygated
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games