Version and / or Patch Used: 3.05
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products. When evaluating ATTO performance we focus on the drive's performance curve and small-file performance.
We are able to match or exceed factory ATTO sequential read/write performance specs with both capacities even when we are testing as OS volumes 75% full.
We would like to see better small-file performance, but overall the performance curve is more than acceptable.
Both capacities deliver similar sequential read performance. Again, we would like to see better small-file performance. We also need to keep in mind that the RC100 running patched for Spectre/Meltdown is at a disadvantage relative to our test pool.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4K QD16. When evaluating performance with Anvils, we focus on total score.
This benchmark illustrates why it is mandatory to disable Windows buffer flushing whenever running an NVMe SSD (except for certain Intel NVMe SSDs). The above result was run without disabling Windows buffer flushing.
You will find Windows buffer flushing in drive policies. Be sure both boxes are checked. We spoke to Toshiba about adding a button to their SSD Utility that will disable Windows buffer flushing. They are looking into it.
13K IOPS at 4K QD1 read is very impressive. That's exactly what we are looking for.
In terms of total score, the RC100 does very well considering it is a 2-lane SSD running patched for Spectre/Meltdown. Despite being handicapped, the RC100 easily outscores MDD's SBX and Intel's 600P at both capacity points. Looking at the read score, we can see that where it matters most, the RC100 is delivering the goods.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Random performance is much more important than sequential performance for a system disk. Low queue depth random performance is more important than high queue depth performance. Random read performance is more important than random write. With those previous statements in mind, the results of this test are quite impressive. The RC100's performance curve impresses, especially at low queue depths where it matters most.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Random write performance is most impacted by patching for Spectre/Meltdown. Even so, the RC100 performs admirably. Its performance curve is still better than MDD's SBX despite the aforementioned handicap.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena of Valor will debut to the Nintendo Switch September
- Here's the list of NVIDIA RTX-capable games
- FromSoftware reveal 15 minutes of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Boot Selection Always Shows up on Startup
- Z87 pro4 bios setting not sticking
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- RAZER UNVEILS NEW PLAYSTATION 4 WIRELESS LINEUP WITH OFFICIALLY LICENSED RAIJU CONTROLLERS, AND THRESHER HEADSET
- JUST CAUSE 4 WORLD EXCLUSIVE TORNADO GAMEPLAY REVEAL
- CIRCLE Entertainment will publish platformer Button Button on Nintendo Switch
- 11-11: MEMORIES RETOLDSTORY TRAILER REVEALED
- Microids fills out its catalogue for the end of 2018!